Hair Transplant

Hi guys, I was planning on getting a surgical hair restoration done, but am worried whether the procedure is very painful. Has anyone here done it. Can you please explain the procedure to me. Also can you suggest a reputed place in Toronto where I can get it done.:D

Hi mate,

Welcome to the forum!

I found the procedure relatively pain free. The most pain is from the freezing injections right at the start they will pinch but is easy to bare with.

The procedure basically consists of removing tissue from the back portion of your head (where hair is strongest and DHT free), dissecting the tissue into individual follicles and re dispersing into areas of loss. That is the basic outline for the FUT procedure.

Another procedure (which is not for every patient) is FUE. FUE works by taking the follicles from the back portion of your head individually only (not cutting) but punching out with a special extraction tool.

Then the follicles are dispersed into areas of loss exactly like the FUT procedure.

Both procedures have pro's and con's I would suggest using the search function and having a more detailed look into both. I have given you a VERY basic idea here much more research is required. I apologise for not going into detail late for an appointment...

Feel free to PM me I can give you a run down of surgeons in the area.

Or email from my link below :-)

Good lucks mate.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

I did not find the procedure painful at all. I am 7 days post op and would say the most discomfort I have had is at night trying to sleep. It just puts pressure on the strip. Getting better every day. I highly recommend using a neck/travel pillow. It helps keep the pressure off. I learned this from others here and it makes a big difference.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

lensinboyer,

The most pain comes from the initial numbing shots. After that it's cake. You find that you have some discomfort during the first few days but your physician will provide pain killers. I had plenty left over after each of my procedures as I simply didn't need to use them much.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Its really not painful. I have had 10 surgeries - its uncomfortable at times but not painful.

See Dr Rahal as it the closest top guy to you :cool:

Spex just loves going back for more hair so it can't be that painful. :D

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com