scheduled for HT; please help calm my nerves

I am scheduled for a HT in July with Dr. Hasson, but I am nervous, and just need some re-assurance. I met with Mike Ferko in Seattle who was really nice and answered many of my questions. I just also want to get the community opinion.

Mike told me I am a great candidate. He thinks i need 2000 graphs, I have about 8000 donor capacity, coarse hair (i am asian), there's no minituriazation on top of my head. My temples are exposed, and the surgery will use the graphs to remake the hairline. I am on propecia.

My question:

I work in an office environment. I am concerned about detectability. I was advised to take 10 days off. Is that enough? Note, my hair will be long. When I return to work, would there be redness or bumps that others will notice by this time? I can't wear a hat. I am thinking of wearing my hair down.

First of all, congrats on choosing a truly world class surgeon.

No need to worry- it's a relatively small op but is that 2k in the front? If so, then you're sorted if your hair is long & you can comb it to the front.

Imagine my scenario, I have to have it done all over from front to back & Dr Hasson shaves the area & I too work in an office. I sit right in the middle of the office on the end table under a harsh light! Imagine being in my boat.

Do what I did & buy a concealer like nanogen. That way you can hide any shock loss or any redness on the front.

Good luck!

Dude,

There is the possibility of post operative swelling in the forehead (2-5 days) with a frontal/hairline procedure. You may have redness also in the initial post op days........but the length and way you wear the hair looks very very favorable for avoiding detection!

10 days is more than enough. I'm thinking you can return earlier than that.

Congratulations on making the decision to have a procedure.

You may be able to return to work just a couple of days post op.

Good luck with your surgery and let us know how it all turns out.

"Opinions and expressions are solely my own!"

Good luck with your surgery. I just had mine done this week and had a lot of anxiety leading up to it which is natural, but the surgery was not bad at all and I am healing quickly. I had a great experience and I am sure you will as well. I am on day 4 and the redness is mostly gone and I can cover most of the front already with my existing hair. Did have some swelling but it is going away quickly. You will feel great after it is over and will be glad that you did it!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1