Question on Propecia for crown

My crown is really bald like 5-10 follicle-units per cm2, and I just started taking propecia today. So, my question is what kind of growth on average in terms of follicle-units per cm2 do you guys estimate I can get from propecia at this stage of hairloss. Also, how many months from today, will I start noticing some of that growth? Thanks guys!!

• 1 month later...

Difficult to say I guess but I just started Propecia myself just under a month ago in addition to Regaine Extra Strength foam and was told Propecia takes at least 3 months to start having a visible effect in terms of reducing./stopping hairloss and then 6-12 months before visible improvement. It depends on how many follicles you have remaining outside of your existing hair that are in a non-visible phase at present. Provided propecia works for you it should maximise what you have remaining in the zone, but you won't know that until a few months continued use. Good luck.

My crown is really bald like 5-10 follicle-units per cm2, and I just started taking propecia today. So, my question is what kind of growth on average in terms of follicle-units per cm2 do you guys estimate I can get from propecia at this stage of hairloss. Also, how many months from today, will I start noticing some of that growth? Thanks guys!!

Give it at least 1 year to evaluate your resulys.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

moose45,

Excellent advice! I can add nothing more than to say that it's really impossible to put a number or exact time frame on results from medical hair loss treatments.

Stick it out for a year and see what develops.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website