SiverSurfer's Experience with Dr. Umar

why did you go to umar, any other would have done a much better job. now you have all your donnor gone and for the coverage you have accomplished that's it. did you ever consider another doctor? umar is only in it for the money, well most of the other docs are in it for the same reason, except they are not as mediocre as him. I really wish with toppik or some other agent you can get the result you wanted, and if you are looking for a touch up, don't go to him anymore, there are hundreds of more qualified docs out there.

happy growing

What an idiotic statement. Have you been to Dr. Umar? Have you talked to him personally? Dr. Umar's video documented repairs are amazing! If he can get hair to grow on scar tissue, how good do you think his work is on virgin scalp?

Six post so far? Hmmmmm.......

Atticus

Edited by Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Hi Siversurfer,

If you had read the beginning of this thread you would know that the majority of grafts were body hair and not from his donor area.

I feel a bit sorry for you (Hair Today) considering the amount of negative posts you seem to be receiving. Many young men wouldn't be happy with a HT unless it gave them 100% thickness and 20 year old hairlines. Lots of older people are happy to have a major improvement and to frame their face and give an illusion of density.

I would suggest trying to grow your hair a little longer. At this stage your HT looks like a major improvement for you.

Kind Regards

Rod

I agree Rod! This patient just needs to grow his hair a little longer. Also, if he wants to increase density, he can have more body/beard hair implanted at a later date if he so wishes. The patient received his objective and is happy with the result. I personally think it looks great.

Atticus :)

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

why did you go to umar, any other would have done a much better job. now you have all your donnor gone and for the coverage you have accomplished that's it. did you ever consider another doctor? umar is only in it for the money, well most of the other docs are in it for the same reason, except they are not as mediocre as him. I really wish with toppik or some other agent you can get the result you wanted, and if you are looking for a touch up, don't go to him anymore, there are hundreds of more qualified docs out there.

happy growing

Do you know something I don't? I've been rather impressed with some of Umar's results.

Do tell.

happy growing

Hmm:

Hmm. You appear to be same guy who claims:

Excerpt from another HT forum:

***This a request from a forum moderator to SS.******

"Silversufer, there is no one doctor that is the best for every patient. Every doctor has something different to offer. What's best for you may not necessarily be the best for another person.

It is totally untrue that Dr. Umar only takes on large cases in order to maximize his profits. Your comments were unfounded and defamatory. Dr. Umar had done many small hair transplants procedures that involved fewer than 1000 grafts. If you were a good candidate for the procedure, there is no reason why Dr. Umar would turn you down.

Also, please back up your allegations that Dr. Umar has "many" unhappy patients and prove that you indeed had a consultation with Dr. Umar. You can email me at XXXXXXXXXXXX."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You refused to respond to your claim that you ever consulted with Dr. Umar . It puts to question your legitimacy, and makes you appear to be nothing more than a shill for another doctor. The question is silversurfer, are you shilling for another physician?

Respond to the question posed to you in the other forum like a real man!!!!!!!! There seems to be all kinds of people making certain claims, but cannot back them up. Do you understand this word? DEFAMATION!!!!! Remember this when you post false allegations. Put up or shut up.

Dr. Umar doesn't do small jobs? He did a small job on me.

Atticus

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Look Atticus, the reason why I was never able to respond was because they blocked me from doing so. Now what I am doing is warning others about mediocre 'hair tranplant' doctors if umar wants to consider himself that. The truth is his results are pluggy and unnatural, lately he has been posting some other results which sometimes I even doubt they are his, but until his work becomes consistent I will be bringing up this to everyone out there. And no, I don't work for any other doctor. Really?

In any case the question should be if you work for him...do you? I know you had a 600 graft surgery from nape hair with him. Doesn't the fact that he used nape hair tell you anything? You know that those hairs are not DHT resistant right? If you don't believe me, ask Future HT Doc. So how in the world would you come here and tell me this guy has ethics, when he clearly doesn't and he takes advantage of poor chumps like yourself in order to get your money. Answer me please. Please answer me how does that benefit you at all, using nape hair that will fall off instead of hair from the permanent area.

Look SS, obviously you have an axe to grind and that is your perrogative if you have a case to make but i would be grateful if you could start your own discussion thread instead of hijacking mine to make your points.

My results are only at 7 months so your comments are completely wild and inappropriate at this stage. I would have no issue if you made them at the 12 month point but most of what your saying doesn't even relate to this discussion anyway. At the moment you just appear to have your own agenda which is to berate an eminent doctor without substantiating any of your argument.

The moderator has already kindly asked you not to make personal attacks or to turn my discussion thread into a slanging match and keep it to the theme of my thread. As you don't seem to be able to do this please could the moderator intervene?

In other words SS, thanks but go start your own thread.

Edited by HairToday72

SiverSurfer,

All members are entitled to their opinions, but all opinions should be backed up with actual facts, especially when bold claims are made. As of now, you just sound like a bitter hair transplant patient with an axe to grind against Dr. Umar. Are you a patient of his? If so, you are welcome to share your own experience and photos on another topic, as long as you are willing to allow Dr. Umar the opportunity to share his side of the story according to our terms of service and fair forum policy for patients and physicians. However, this community does not allow posters to spam topics to peddle their own agendas for or against particular doctors, clinics, services or products.

This particular topic is reserved to discuss HairToday's results. If you'd like to discuss your own experience, good or bad on this forum, please create your own topic.

Best Regards,

Bill

• Moderators
I know you had a 600 graft surgery from nape hair with him. Doesn't the fact that he used nape hair tell you anything? You know that those hairs are not DHT resistant right? If you don't believe me, ask Future HT Doc. So how in the world would you come here and tell me this guy has ethics, when he clearly doesn't and he takes advantage of poor chumps like yourself in order to get your money. Answer me please. Please answer me how does that benefit you at all, using nape hair that will fall off instead of hair from the permanent area.

I think to say that nape hair is not DHT resistant is not accurate. It differs in everyone. I'm 44 years old and my nape hair continues to thicken and increase while hair in the so-called safe donor area has continued to thin over the years, especially the last 2 or 3 years. If I were to let my nape hair grow instead of shaving it every week, it would be thicker than the "safe" area above it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Bill,

Yes I had a bad experience with him and wouldn't want that any of my other hairloss sufferers would go through it. I will post then in my own experiences.

As for the owner of the thread I apologize if I have insulted you, I really wish you the best and hope your case is different from others and that you are blessed with good growth and coverage.

Sincerely,

SS

This poster "Siversurfer" aka "Silversurfer" has been on another forum claiming to have consulted me. He claims I turned him down because he needed fewer grafts. This is obviously untrue. I have never used the number of grafts as a selection criteria for surgery. On this thread is "Atticus" who received a 600 graft surgery and I routinely perform surgeries on patient’s requiring even fewer grafts.

SS was asked by the other forum moderator to identify himself so as to have my office verify that he indeed had any dealings with my clinic in any capacity. SS has refused to do so several months after the request was made repeatedly. Rather, he has made subsequent posts in various threads stating even more untruths and making inflammatory statements while at the same time praising a competing clinic/doctor ostensibly for work they performed on him. At this point I have to conclude that this individual has never been to my clinic.

Edited by Dr Umar

Yes I couldn't answer because the thread was blocked and I did email the person in several ocassions but never, never got an answer from them. This maybe due to the fact that you bullied them into blocking or silencing me.

This is one of your signature emails that I received from you were you specifically said that you were not going to work on my case since it was to small and it didn't had your attention.

S. Umar, MD

FineTouch Dermatology Inc

DermHair Clinic

819 North Harbor Drive, Suite 400

Redondo Beach, California 90277

Tel (310) 318-1500 or 1877-DERMHAIR

Fax (310) 318-1590

Scalp FUE and Body Hair Transplantation

Confidentiality Notice: This communication constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the sender of this message. This communication may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient and receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute a loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the communications. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this communication. To reply to our email directly, send an email to: drumar@dermhairclinic.com

FineTouch Dermatology Inc

ANd now you are accusing me of working for another clinic? This is just too much, I am grateful that the other doctor had a heart and he was willing to work in my case. I am thankful he didn't see me as a waste of time or opportunity cost in order to make more money. You see, my doctor is one of the best worldwide and he has ethics, like for example, he would never play around with someone's nape hair and then charge them money. Now I am just glad it was him and not you the one that did the work, but it is my job to tell others who you really are, don't you think? Do you actually think with your paid 'hair site' you will be able to silence all critics that have been messed up by you in one way or another? Do you think you will be able to threaten to sue patients because they were not happy with their results or lack of results and attention? The answer is no sanusi, these forums are here to help and keep others informed, the days when you would just ask the moderator to shut someone up are over, this is a more moderate and democratical forum unlike the one you sponsor and have the authority to bully everyone around. You caused this, these are the fruits of your actions, take responsability and own it up to the public that sometimes you are more interested in the money than in helping people.

Silversurfer I'm a completely neutral person I don't know you or dr umar and I'm thinking you need to get a grip who cares if he did turn you down which I don't know if he did or not, so what if he did I personally couldn't give a rats arse if I got turned down just go somewhere else and if you paid for a conceltation that's your own fault for accepting I'd never pay for a conceltation. Just get over it it's nothing some people who have been butchered by surgeons don't go on as much as you.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Bonkerstonker,

I take your advice graciously since I am aware you have no idea of my case. See I had already been butchered and went on looking for a 'repair'. The fact that he denied a repair patient medical attention is something I just cannot comprehend, do you see my point now? As I said in my previous post in the end the doctor that did the work for me is far better and more skilled, that doesn't take away the fact I flew thousands of miles to visit him just to get a petty I'm not interested in your case for an answer, they could have told me beforehand. WIth pictures or video or even by the phone. I don't know if the work was too complicated for him or what but his answer was I am not interested in your case. You being a patient, how would that make you feel?

"You see, my doctor is one of the best worldwide and he has ethics, like for example, he would never play around with someone's nape hair and then charge them money."

Nape hair has a role in hair transplantation in suitably qualified patients and in the hands of skilled FUE surgeons. To illustrate, here is a video of a case of a hairline created by another FUE clinic that was repaired using nape and head donors. I would welcome you to take a guess as to which clinic created the first hairline that was salvaged using nape and head donor to the patients complete saitifaction.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DrSUmar#p/u/12/p-DGxOtdZVw

"This is one of your signature emails that I received from you were you specifically said that you were not going to work on my case since it was to small and it didn't had your attention"

This is untrue. Such an email would never come from my office.

I respond to hundreds of emails and you could have acquired my signature in any number of ways and claim it states whatever your agenda supports.

“I did email the person in several occasions but never, never got an answer from them. This may be due to the fact that you bullied them into blocking or silencing me”

You were never threatened with a law suit or anything of the sort. Please indentify yourself to this forum's moderator (by email) and provide permission to have your case (if there is a case) discussed on this forum. This would:

1. Verify that you ever visited my office.

2. If you have I am sure the explanation for not doing your case would be obvious, and I would be happy to share it with this community.

Edited by Dr Umar

SiverSurfer,

Since you've now claimed to be a Dr. Umar patient and Dr. Umar doesn't know who you are, I'm ask that you to contact me privately with your full name and date of surgery with Dr. Umar. Your identity will not be revealed publicly, but you are required to provide your identity to Dr. Umar and provide him with the necessary permission he needs to respond to your case and share his side of the story. This is all written in our fair forum policy at "Maintaining a Fair and Safe Environment on our Forum for Patients and Physicians."

You are required to comply with this request as it's not only fair, but it's our policy.

I will be sending you the same message privately so that you do not claim you've missed this post.

Failure to comply with the above will result in a termination of your posting privileges.

Best Regards,

Bill

Bill,

I have sent you the email were my case is denied. I don't know if you will post it or not. As for giving my identity like I said I am afraid of being black balled by the hair loss community so I preferr not to give any details. Besides you told me that as a patient you are required to give your information so the case can be discussed, but you see, I was never his patient. He didn't treat me and you have the proof in the email I sent you.

SiverSurfer,

I've read over the email you sent me and frankly, I see nothing wrong with it. Nowhere in the email you sent me does Dr. Umar say that your case is too small. He simply said that he was choosing not to work on the areas you found to be a priority. The email doesn't explain why and you didn't send me a copy of the email you sent him.

Frankly, I'm really not sure why you're so irate. If you don't understand why Dr. Umar refused to provide you with his services, you could have sent him an email reply asking him. Instead, you've assumed that he refuses to do small cases, when the email you sent me doesn't indicate this at all. It's simply a vague reply denying you his services. Perhaps he just felt that he could not meet your goals with the services he provides patients?

At this point, I will be moving all of your posts and all replies to you to another topic as I want to bring this particular thread back on topic.

Best Regards,

Bill

SiverSurfer,

You claim in your original post to "HairToday" that any other doctor would have done better and that Dr. Umar's results are pluggy and unnatural. Yet you desperately sought treatment from Dr. Umar for yourself. You then became so angry when he denied you treatment that you lashed out against him online. Doesn't that sound like a contradiction to you?

You also appeared to claim that Dr. Umar denied you treatment because he doesn't do small cases. However, nowhere in his email that you shared with me does he say that.

Frankly, it seems that you're just angry and bitter that Dr. Umar denied you treatment and chose to lash out against him online. But making knowingly false statements just because you're unhappy that he denied you treatment is in violation of our terms of service. Thus, if you can't substantiate your claims with actual proof, you will not be allowed to continue to post here.

Best Regards,

Bill

Silversurfer honest mate you don't seem right in the head no offence but that's how it looks because you are not giving your real forum name or any real evidence if i had a gripe with a doctor i'd be here proud shoving as much evidence into the forums as i could to get my point and proof across but you're opting for this cloak and dagger hit and run tactic that a fake person wanting to hurt a surgeon would do.

The most puzzling thing is your accusation is a pathetic anyway! If your case is real you should just move on and be happy, doctors turn down people all the time why should a doctor take you on just because you've been butchered by someone else.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

My intentions were to share my private experience. If it turned out somehow to be a crusade, I apologize. As for the proof I can post all the emails we exchanged if I am granted with the clinics permission. As to revealing my identity I don't want to be black balled. In any case what does that has to do with anything, he was barely in the room, what will he check??He didn't do any works besides, so I am not his patient. The forums terms state that a patient should reveal his identity so the doctor can give his point of view. He already gave his point of view, and since I am not his patient, why should I crucifice myself with the rest of the community?Makes no sense. If no one else is interested in this thread, fine, l never wanted to change the subject or make the forum uncomfortable. Again, I apologize.

Bill,

What more proof do you want? You already read the email that summarizes what I have been saying here. Saying I haven't provided actual proof doesn't sound right. I had the email, it wasn't made up. So why all of the sudden I am the bad guy? Yes maybe I am bitter he turned me down after I flew all those miles just to visit him, is that wrong? Wouldn't you guys think it is unfair? Again, if you all want to kill the thread lets go ahead.