Three weeks away from my HT

I am getting my HT done in India (I'm not from there) and am a bit nervous. I just had a question and also wanted to solicit any advice as the knowledge base here is huge and I have learned a lot. Every consultation I was asked my expectations and then the surgeon drew a line and I examined it, but they asked me about my expectations. I would really appreciate if some of you experienced posters gave me some advice.

-I am 30 and have been losing hair since I was 20 (you can see my pics in my profile). I won't be having anything done on the crown area as it doesn't bother me much and feel that propecia and minoxidil will hopefully let me hold onto it. BUT I want to make sure I don't need to have to have another HT done for hopefully 10 years, is that realistic? If asked should I ask for something more conservative? Meaning not pulling my hairline farther down towards the front of my face? Also if that is the case, what about the temple region? I'm sure the Dr. will know what to do, but just to understand if my expectations are realistic to a certain extent? Perhaps its the nerves talking but if I get this done and have to keep getting it done. In summary, what can I ask or do on my part prior to the surgery to help encourage this result?

I realize that each outcome is different and its tough to tell, but I just want to make sure I'm not spending a ridiculous amount of money and making secret CIA style trips abroad to have touch up work done. Once i get this done I'm not going to be able to go back.

Thank you all for your support and kind intelligent advice.

Vinny...

First up, its interesting to hear someone visiting India from the US for a procedure. I haven't seen such a case before! Nevertheless, I hope you have chosen someone with proven expertise. Who is the doc, if I may ask? Nervousness is understandable, after-all, this procedure could potentially change your life

The most important things to do before an HT are choosing a doc and a right doc after lots of research and discuss your expectations in as much detail as possible. With regards to the strategy, I guess its a combination of factors -- what you expect and what is realistic. Sometimes, lowering the hairline too low wouldn't and doesn't look realistic. An expert practitioner would point out as much right away

Though I am no expert, In your case, I guess the lowest you would get would be just near the end of the triangle edge that forms at the temple so as to even out the widows peak into a good shape. IMHO, anything lower wouldn't be natural. And, unless one doesn't have lots of gap to fill in, a second HT is required in most people to make the look mature and add density

All the best

Thanks for the advice HairSprint, I'm going to get it done with Dr. Madhu. yeah I'm just a bit confused as to what warrants another transplant and currently am trying to look at photos of before and afters of similar hairlines. I just want to make sure I am able to ensure that the line isn't too aggressive as i would hate to have to come back.

Hi Vinny,

Wow I am relieved that you are going to Doctor Madhu. I've seen so many poor results from HT surgeons from India...

Are you going to have a consult prior to the surgery? If so you can discuss your hairline with the surgeon. I would suggest going for a mature hairline because you don't want to go chasing your hairline in 10 years time.

Good luck and please keep us up to date wity your results.

Kind Regards

Rod