what does the scar look like? can the scar be seen through braided hair?

what does the scar look like?

how long is it? if it were only 1-2 cm it won't be that bad but i heard it's from ear to ear? so it's like 8 cm in length? and 2mm in width?

does anyone have photos of a healed scar showing the full? i haven't been able to find good photos, any photos just show part of the scar like 2 cm and at first i thought taht meant it was only 2m, but it's actually longer?

can the scar be seen through braided hair?

if you braid your in hair in a lot of braids where you can see the scalp, will you be able see the scar? or is it very invisible?

are there any ways to make the scar almost invisible?

The scar is a thin white line that you won't notice unless you shave your head. The scar is pencil thin and can go from ear to ear depending on the overall size of the treatment. Here is a link with a patient who had a procedure done with a doctor who was not recommended by this site and the doctors performed a scar revision to give him the correct scar. As you can see it's very difficult to notice. The scar will not be noticeable if you braid your hair. The scar again is very difficult to see, but the only way to have less of a scar is to perform the FUE procedure, which has small scars like look like white dots but again they are not noticeable unless you shave your head. That being said FUE does require you to shave an area to extract the grafts and if the procedure is a large one you may need to shave the entire back of your head so FUT may be the right way for you. Here is the link for the scar

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158420-dr-dorin-scar-repair-623-fut-6-months.html

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians