FUT or FUE for female hairline lowering?

Should I go for FUT or FUE for female hairline lowering?

I don't like the scar of the FUT but the FUE will still leave small circle scars.

The FUE doesn't seem as natural, and the growth is lower. Although not by much, like maybe only 20% so it won't be noticeable since my hair is dense and thick.

The cost isn't an issue and I'm aware FUE is more expensive.

Almost all females use FUT, is that true?

You can do either procedure, both will grow the same way, but FUE does have a smaller yield about 10-20% but that number can be lower if you have good quality skin and grafts. The FUE scars are very small white dots, and you won't notice them unless you plan on shaving your head, which I'll assume you don't. The scar from the FUT is a thin linear scar that can go from ear to ear, but again you will not notice this scar unless you shave your head, most men can get away with shaving to a level #3 on a razor with it being undetectable. FUE and FUT are both very natural looking as the transplanting process is exactly the same it is only the extraction part that is different. Most people choose FUT over FUE because of the cost difference, but women have to think about the extraction process because with FUE you have to shave the donor area, and for large treatments you will have to shave the entire back of the head from ear to ear so most women tend to shy away from FUE for those reasons.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Here is a link to an example of a women slightly lowering her hairline but also adding density through the FUT process.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160108-dr-dorin-female-frontal-fut.html

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

You can do either procedure, both will grow the same way, but FUE does have a smaller yield about 10-20% but that number can be lower if you have good quality skin and grafts. The FUE scars are very small white dots, and you won't notice them unless you plan on shaving your head, which I'll assume you don't. The scar from the FUT is a thin linear scar that can go from ear to ear, but again you will not notice this scar unless you shave your head, most men can get away with shaving to a level #3 on a razor with it being undetectable. FUE and FUT are both very natural looking as the transplanting process is exactly the same it is only the extraction part that is different. Most people choose FUT over FUE because of the cost difference, but women have to think about the extraction process because with FUE you have to shave the donor area, and for large treatments you will have to shave the entire back of the head from ear to ear so most women tend to shy away from FUE for those reasons.

i dont think it will be a large treatment, im only looking to lower my hairline about 1 cm and with the consultation online i had so far they said probably around 2000 grafts or so, im not sure if thats relatively large or not

i dont mind having part of the back of my head shaved though, my hair grows fast and i can just wear my hair down for a while

what i dont like about fut is the scar

is it bad?

im not sure what #3 razor is? how long is the hair?

i wont ever shave my head but i wear my hair in different types of styles

sometimes braids, will people be able to see it if you put your hair in a lot of braids?

#3 of a razor is very short about 1/2 an inch in length. 2000 grafts is about average for FUT but for FUE it is considered large, and you will need to shave the back of your head from ear to ear to harvest that many grafts. The scar is not bad at all and with long hair it is virtually impossible to notice. Again you will need to shave your head to be able to see the scar from the FUT procedure.