Shedding after a HT

Has anyone experienced not shedding the transplanted hair after a HT? I am a little over 2 weeks and all my scabs i have rubbed off in the shower but my transplanted hairs are still there. Am i luck or is it still early and they will all go before coming back at 3 months?

For some people it takes a while before the hairs fall out. They might even start growing before they do if I'm not mistaken. Everyone is different but for most people most of the transplanted hair eventually falls out before the real growing begins.

For some people it takes a while before the hairs fall out. They might even start growing before they do if I'm not mistaken. Everyone is different but for most people most of the transplanted hair eventually falls out before the real growing begins.

Sounds right to me. "Everyone is different" should be this forums motto. Its impossible to really say what will happen for individuals besides just saying what generally happens to most people.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Genius 130

It is true. Just as Joeid0000 posted above. Sometimes the transplanted hairs remain after the crusts have shed and grow a little before shedding . Occasionally, the transplanted hairs remain and continue to grow without shedding.

Most often, the transplanted hairs shed with the crusts or shortly after the crusts have shed and then begin to sprout 3-4 months after the transplant.

You may be one of the lucky ones - but don't be disappointed if you soon notice that your newly transplanted hairs are beginning to shed.

You will be excited to see the new sprouts growing in 3-4 months.

Louise

Lead Hair Transplant Technician for Dr. Cam Simmons at the Seager Medical Group

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians