nizoral alone do anything?

lex222

so i keep reading rogaine does nothing to limit dht production and works only in 4 out of 10 people...how about nizoral alone to regrow and combat dht? anybody have success?

Nizoral definitely helps, but it won't do much by itself. You at least need to add Finasteride and think hard about minoxidil. That's called "The Big Three" and it seems to be the best non surgical regimen. Dr. Limmer also tells his patients to take 2.5 mg of Biotin daily. I started doing that 5 months ago and it has helped noticeably.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

RCWest - I see you use Nizoral twice weekly. How did you come up with that frequency and would more be counterproductive? I have heard Spec speak of bad sheds with Nizoral. Have you heard or expierienced the same thing?

Also, I take 2.5 mg of Biotin via a multivitamin. Does Dr. Limmer suggest it be taken alone or is the Biotin as part of the Multi just as effective?

Thanks

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

i was shedding alot since hrt in jan. ..i have recently started 1%nizoral 1x per week and other days head n shoulders...so far less shedding but in the past 5 months 1-2 has ment nothing I have ended up shedding again was using only baby shampoo..will see if new protocol helps..I will add biotin though I did much reading which didnt show much promise of that or saw palmetto.