FUE punch sizes

Hi im considering fue now what punch size would allow me to shave my head to a guard/grade 1 or even 0.5?

The ht surgeon im thinkin of uses a 0.8 manual punch size and 0.9 machine punch

In ht surgerys are the extractions done more with a machine or manually?

Also if i have pretty see thru fine hair in my donor (my natural hair chareteristics) would white dot scarring be more noticable?

Thanks any responses would be great

Ocean

The punch sizes you mentioned are on par with what's to be expected from FUE. The size of the punch can change due to the texture and size of your grafts, so just because they have a .8 punch does not mean the surgeon will use it if your grafts require a larger punch; that is something that is usually determined the day of your surgery.

The procedures are done manually with a small hand engine that cuts circular incisions are the graft and are then removed one at a time.

These incisions leave very small scars that appear as white dots, but they are very difficult to see even when shaving to a level 1 on a razor setting, so if you go below that you risk those dots being visible.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians