Rogaine Foam dosage questions

Sigildark

I'm using Rogaine Foam only once a day atm, evenings.

I'm doing this partially because I want to ease myself in (started last week) and also because i'd rather style my hair without the Rogaine foam 'effect'.

The instructions state that i should use half a capfull for each application, twice a day for maximum effect.

This is assuming application to the crown area only?After all, this is the only area that Rogaine recommends in releation to it's FDA approval. If you look at my gallery you will see that i'm experiencing diffuse thinning on top while preserving a decent hair line.

1 - Should the dosage increase based on the coverage area? It's one thing to use it only on your crown and it's another to use it all over your head, one would assume. Or is it?

2 - And does it make sense to use more if only doing one application a day versus two or is that a waste?

My hair loss pattern is similar to yours (diffuse thinning on top), except you have a better hairline. I've been using Rogaine foam and Rogaine liquid alternately (foam when I have to go out somewhere and need it to dry quick, and liquid when I have no where to go because it takes forever to dry). I will probably switch completely to foam next round even though it's more expensive. I apply it once a day (at night) and have been doing so for a little over 2 months.

I use a little more than the recommended dose (about 1 & 1/4 dropper dose for the liquid, and probably a little more than a half a capful for the foam). I apply it all over my thinning area and hairline (I'm about a NW IIIv with diffuse thinning into probably at least the NW IV zone). So far I've notice some minor improvement, there seem to be little thin hairs sprouting up in the NW III region of my hairline and the mid scalp looks slightly thicker and less see-through. Hopefully this improvement continues with continued use.

Hope that helps somewhat

Sigildark,

I don't think using extra to compensate for the once per day application is going to help. There's only so much your body can absorb at any given time. However, I do also use slightly more than 1/2 a capful as I apply it over my entire head. My whole front third is transplants anyway but I figure there may be a few pre-existing miniaturized hairs in there that could benefit from it.

If your only using it once per day, why not apply a little extra. There's no harm and you're still stretching your bottle beyond one month.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...
Sigildark,

I don't think using extra to compensate for the once per day application is going to help. There's only so much your body can absorb at any given time. However, I do also use slightly more than 1/2 a capful as I apply it over my entire head. My whole front third is transplants anyway but I figure there may be a few pre-existing miniaturized hairs in there that could benefit from it.

If your only using it once per day, why not apply a little extra. There's no harm and you're still stretching your bottle beyond one month.

Can i ask in which clinic have you did the transplant? are you satisfied with the results? and what is the cost?

Click on the link 'view my hairloss website' in David's signature for his story. It's just underneath his comment. As for price, any reputable clinic would mention this on their website.

Thnx for the comment but couldn't find the price.

Sigildark,

Thanks for the feedback. I actually had to stop using Rogaine as i was experiencing minor chest pains and periods where i felt overwhelming anxiety perhaps once a day that started shortly after i began and ended shortly after i stopped. I do intend to give it another go,hoping it was just a coincidence but then that would beg other questions.

Edited by Sigildark