Need some help!!

Guest justmike

Guest justmike

Hey Guys,

After searching on this site for about a month I decided to post, I just like the support that is given on this site and looking for some.

I am at the point where I can't leave my house without a hat or toppik on my head, I am caught in the chains of hairloss and looking to get freed up.

I have had 3 ht's prior, 2003 being the last one. Problem is I have lost a lot more hair since then, and you can see some of the grafts. I am in the process of finding a quality surgeon, Dr. Rahal, Dr. Feller,and Dr. Lindsey being my choices. I know the decision utimately comes down to me. Just looking for some support in making a tough decision.

Can someone give me an estimate on how many grafts I might need?

My main goal is to fill in hairline, temples, and mid scalp.

IMG_1026.JPG.8cbcdd42ef775f4b12a0db408dfd27fd.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG.c6bd698fc27711ec0f7a5aad07326686.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG.e80c0770e39c9d79a370dc79502298a0.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG.b6477a1a198dbb3f5ec13b333d77ff28.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG.96fb1282a5b401b227438f834798db66.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG.6948dca8d901c3bbff543fe0c34ae2f0.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG.19bd7489df4793a4acbffb823f7f1743.JPG

Edited by justmike
Add one more pic

Mike,

Thank you for making an account and sharing your story. I think you'll find that these discussion forums are a very welcoming place, and you'll definitely find good advice and support from our other members.

Before discussing hair restoration surgery or graft estimates, I wanted to ask a question: are you currently taking preventive medications such as Propecia and/or Minoxidil? If not, I highly recommend researching these therapies as soon as possible.

Next, you may find our hair loss learning center graft calculator a useful tool to help gain a rough estimate of the number of grafts needed to achieve your transplant goals.

Finally, Dr. Rahal, Feller, and Lindsey are all excellent hair restoration surgeons and members of our elite Coalition. If you need any help getting in touch with these clinics or have any specific questions (regarding one of the surgeons), please feel free to ask (either in this thread or via a private message).

I hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Your best bet is to send photos to your shortlist of doctors to get their opinions. I think you should include photos of your donor area as you've already depleted your donor supply somewhat with your past HTs, and you will likely need quite a high number of grafts for the kind of coverage you're looking for.

Do you know how many grafts you received in your previous surgeries?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Not to sound negative, but you didn't get much coverage from those 3 previous surgeries. Did they not all grow or did you just have a few hundred grafts per session? You certainly can't go wrong with the three surgeons you've chosen. Dr. Feller and Lindsey will make you shave your recipient area though. For hairline and temple work, even though all three doctors are great, Dr. Rahal stands above all others in that department. Plus he is a bit cheaper than the other two.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Guest justmike

Hey Guys thanks for the welcome and the support. It is really great to have a place to express my concerns and feelings about hairloss. And to know that I am not alone.

Hey Blake,

I am on a regimen of Rogaine foam, nizoral and saw palmetto. I know now the importantence of preventive measures and keeping the hair I have. I will try the graft caculator. ty

Mattj,

I received about 800 grafts the first ht, and I can't remember the second one. It was done so long ago and the Doctor was a butcher. Did my research for the 3rd and went to Hasson & Wong, and recevied 2800 grafts in 2003. What a difference from the first two. They have a top notch clinic.

rcwest,

Yeah, I really didn't receive that many grafts from the 3 hts. I really don't know the total amount of grafts I recieved.