oral minox effect?

magicaltimes

i checked my weight yday, it has increased by almost 4kgs in the last 1month.

which is abnormal considering i put in a good 2 hr workout 6 days a week.

and i feel bulkier in the stomach and feels it has a lot of fluid. a very strange feeling.

is it(water retention) because of the oral minox?

i read a post saying water retention is also one of the side effects, and also a stroke!

should i reduce my dosage from 5 mg to 2.5mg?

or completely cut the medication?

has anyone else experienced this?

I have been on oral minoxidil for 9 months now, 5 mg twice a day, with no sides or weight gain. My doctor says water retention isn't usually seen until around the 20 mg/day mark.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

For me oral minoxidil works way better than the 5% foam, and it doesn't fry your hair!

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

I'm really interested in taking oral minoxidal but I'm worried about side effects. I also have high blood pressure. I take lisinopril-hctz. Would it be safe for me to take oral?

I'm really interested in taking oral minoxidal but I'm worried about side effects. I also have high blood pressure. I take lisinopril-hctz. Would it be safe for me to take oral?

I'm in the same situation. I have high blood pressure and also take the lisinopril/hctz. It's fine to take with oral minoxidil, also known as Loniten. 5 mg. is extremely low, as they can use upwards of 100 mg/day for extreme blood pressure issues.

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

I've been on oral minoxidil 5 mg. twice a day for 10 months now with very noticeable thickening. I've had zero side effects.

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

hey mates, i just got prescription of oral minox. I just refused to take finasteride now due to the potential side effects. Anyway Dr Pat of Bangkok prescribed that to me, and asked me to take for a few mths before deciding on another round of surgery. Can u guys tell me more abt your experience with oral minox? He claimed that as high as 60% of users experience very positive effects. I am not here to refute his claims but can u guys share your experience? especially those who feel there is no effect and that it has some side effects!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Just to add in my experience, I've been on oral minoxidil for 3 months now, and have had remarkable results in such a short time, and no serious side effects at all. I'm only taking 5mg a day, split into 2.5mg morning and night. No weight gain, no palpitations, no dizziness - all fine. And it's REALLY thickened up the finer hairs in my hairline and on my crown - I'm actually stunned at how visible the effect is. I had a 1500 FUE procedure in February, and I believe it's also helping to speed up the regrowth process after shedding.

I have noticed my beard growth and body hair is starting to get much thicker, and there are a few hairs appearing around my eyebrows - nothing that trimming / shaving / plucking can't cope with! To be honest, if it saves my hairline, then I can definitely put up with a bit of extra body hair growth!

I also had slightly high blood pressure before starting on Loniten, so it should bring that down as well as increase hair growth.

I should add that I'm on Propecia too, and haven't experienced negative side effects with that at all. While Propecia seems to work for me in preventing further loss, it's Minoxidil that has given me the most dramatic results with regrowth / rethickening of fine hairs.