A Cell Hair Cloning breakthrough????

Hello

I have been thinking about a HT for a number of years due to a thinning hairline. I was sensibly put off by the Farjo team and have started Rogaine foam. I am yet to see the results but it is only 5ish weeks so I remain hopeful!

I always keep my eye out for moves in technology as cloning seems the solution we are all waiting for,

I came across this

(Link removed by moderator)

and wondered if anyone had any thoughts or comments about the procedure????

Thanks Guys

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Acell is very old news and has been dropped by quite a few surgeons.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

ACell is relatively old news but it is being trialled by several leading surgeons at the moment. I don't think we'll have any concrete idea on how well it works for at least a year or two but some surgeons seem cautiously optimistic.

I don't think it'll end up a being a magic bullet or any sort by a long shot, but even if it has moderate benefits to scalp laxity post-surgery that's still something that might be of use. Reading between the lines it seems like Acell is having a good effect on some patients but not much of an effect on others. If it ends up being only 20-30% successful then it probably won't catch on as a de facto tool in the fight against hair loss, but who knows?

Anyway, jury is still out but it'll probably be at least 12 months, more like 24-36 months, before we get any sense of whether it's really going to be a great tool in the hair restoration arsenal.

First off acell is being studied n 3 main areas: healing of donor scars which so far it seems as though it improves the feel of scars but not the look, 2 for injecting into thinning areas but there is little data on this, and 3 for hair duplication (formerly known as autocloning).

Don't believe the link you just posted there is no way they can make those claims by injecting acell as there is no data. The pic is misleading and loss is trying to be hidden on the after pic.

IMO acell is very promising in hair duplication (autocloning) Jerry Cooley and dr Rassman as investigating this ATM. Do a few searches and have a look at the presentation on this but it's still in its infancy.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

• 2 weeks later...

I was all excited about a breakthrough in Seattle, where I live; then I started to investigate this doc.

I looked up the site, and I fell to disappointment: the doctor is Dr. Niedbalski, who I saw 2 years ago at Medical Hair Restoration. From everything I’ve read on this and other sites, people have not been happy with there results from doctors at Bosley and Medical Hair Restoration. At MHR, I saw a salesman who tried his best for me to sign up for at least 2 or 3 2500 graft procedures. He did the hard sell including discounts for openings, or during slow times. Totally turned off by their sales guy and large corporate push.

Recently, I went looking into all options including a piece. Now, I know, they are a pain, but I had to see what they had to say (after that, I’m not doing that - either the comb over, transplants, or cut it off are my current options). I went to the Hair Club Seattle office and they totally pressed me hard, and I just told them I’m here for info. Then they did the “$1500” shampoo kits/lasers pitch, and then pressed me hard for hair transplants when they figured I was not going to buy their pieces.

As it turns out, Dr. Niedbalski is now the doctor for Hair Club for Men for Seattle. So he stopped being the doctor for Medical Hair Restoration, opens his own hair practice, but went back to the large corporate hair practice: Hair Club for Men. I went to their web site and sure enough, there is his mug as the doctor for Washington and Oregon. What a total turn off.

I’ve done my research on Hair Club and everything again is not good. In fact, bad.

So if this doc has to practice also at Hair Club, I’m going to stay away. Not a track record in a doctor I want experimenting on me and I don’t trust the product he is trying to sell as he is from the hair mill mentality “trying to make a buck.”

I hope this sheds some light on this tread and that practice.

Northernenglandguy, why did Farjo put you off? Too much loss, not enough loss, or age? Are you on Finasteride? That is the big gun in the arsenal against hair loss. As for the minoxidil, you won't see any difference for at least 6 months. Don't give up on it!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D