Hair Multiplication HASCI

Sounds interesting. It's not Hair multiplication but "Hair Stem Cell Transplantation", though, plucking hair in the donor area, which is supposed to regrow. They say the results for HM aren't satisfactory yet.

but this significantly increases your donor area in almost the same way... obviously its not an unlimited amount of donor hair but still.... i saw some report i'll try and find... 5 people did it and the regrow in the donor area was extremely evident and extremely impressive...

it seems possible you could have an almost unlimited amount of donor hair depending on how many times you could pluck and regrow the same donor follicles

Edited by FinHairLoss

I didn't mean to sound negative. It's still a big breakthrough compared to old-school HT in that you don't get the trauma of having your scalp sliced through. And they say it somehow creates an average of 2.5 follicle/follicle plucked. Was the hair plucked in a strip or here and there to make it less conspicuous?

didnt mean to sound like I was on the offense... heres the thing

http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloads/dad01225-0ceb-4a30-90c4-771ed900f25aHSI%20-%20Artikel_Gho%20Neumann.pdf

I think this is what they did on wesley and it looks like it turned out awesome

"FUE is another technique where the whole follic- ular unit is transplanted, without leaving sufficient

tissue behind to regenerate a new hair or follicular unit. However, since the total follicular unit is extracted, this results in small scars in the donor area (Figure 10A).

With longitudinal partial follicular unit transplan- tation, parts of the follicular units remain in the dermis in the donor area. After longitudinal parts of these follicular units are extracted, they will survive and produce the same number of hairs with the same diameter and characteristics. These follicular units in the donor area can be used again in consecutive treatments (Figure 10B)."

see you guys in the netherlands

Edited by FinHairLoss

i think they have pictures of the recipient area on their regular site.. it looks just like a normal hair transplant... nobody in the pictures has a significant change (past what I'd say were the normal expectations of todays hair transplants; which is ok in some cases) but i think the point is that all of the people in the pictures have about the same amount of donor hair available after these first procedures as before .... where as currently at other clinics you finish your first procedure and have a severely depleted donor area to the point a second operation is not plausible

what i find strange is that it took them this long to try leaving some of the donor follicle in.... I could have suggested it twenty years ago without thinking twice about the subject

Very encouraging stuff here...expensive and all but what can you do... Still, when it comes to implanting the hair on the head we're the hands of the artist. So, Feller, Wong, Bisanga and the rest of the masters: get hold of this, please.

• 2 weeks later...

Footballer Wesley Sneijder had hair multiplication with Dr. Gho.

(Link removed by moderator)

Edited by TakingThePlunge
Removed Link

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

I'm a bit confused ...

Is the idea here that a part of the follicle is removed, treated with a solution, implanted in the scalp, and then (because of the solution) inducts the regrowth of a fully functioning follicle in the implanted scalp?

If so, how is this different from ACell?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Unfortunately there are no pics on the website to substantiate anything.. the final results of the transplants are a bit scary, I must say.. but how can you make such a claim like this out of nothing...and how does a millionaire footballer like Sneijder finds himself involved with this..?

I'm a bit confused ...

Is the idea here that a part of the follicle is removed, treated with a solution, implanted in the scalp, and then (because of the solution) inducts the regrowth of a fully functioning follicle in the implanted scalp?

If so, how is this different from ACell?

Yep, that's the much controversial Gho for you. He basically transects the follicles longitudinally by using a small punch on a 3 hair FU, as is my understanding. I very much doubt full regrowth in the donor, since the amount of tissue that is removed should be sufficient to induce fibrosis.

If you're refering to Hitzig's and Cooley's hair duplication 'autocloning' procedure, the difference with plucking is that only some of the dermal sheath will get transplanted (although the complete way around the follicle). Anecdotally, this should be sufficient, and, since scarring of the donor is much less likely, I don't see a venue for what Gho's doing, even if it actually would work. jm2c :cool:

Unfortunately there are no pics on the website to substantiate anything.. the final results of the transplants are a bit scary, I must say.. but how can you make such a claim like this out of nothing...and how does a millionaire footballer like Sneijder finds himself involved with this..?

I think there are pics on the site. I don't think any of the people on the site have had their second hair transplant yet. The doc isn't claiming he can do it in one procedure. It allows you to have one HT and than another and another. From the pics I've seen of HTs it seems 3 or 4 hair transplants can make a huge cosmetic difference but very very few people have that much donor hair available.

look at sneijder's results why wouldn't he get invovled?

I dont believe this has anything to do with solution my understanding is its just leaving some hair behind with stem cells and taking enough of the hair to get follicle with stem cells attached to the front scalp

I do however wonder why nobody has tried cutting a hair follicle in half before. That would be the first thing I tried.

Yep, that's the much controversial Gho for you. He basically transects the follicles longitudinally by using a small punch on a 3 hair FU, as is my understanding. I very much doubt full regrowth in the donor, since the amount of tissue that is removed should be sufficient to induce fibrosis.

If you're refering to Hitzig's and Cooley's hair duplication 'autocloning' procedure, the difference with plucking is that only some of the dermal sheath will get transplanted (although the complete way around the follicle). Anecdotally, this should be sufficient, and, since scarring of the donor is much less likely, I don't see a venue for what Gho's doing, even if it actually would work. jm2c :cool:

Yeah, I was referring to the hair duplication formerly known as "autocloning" aspect of ACell. However, while I can understand the merit/science behind plucking, I'll admit that transecting an actual follicle for partial implantation seems quite different and it would be interesting to view the literature supporting this technique.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Yeah, I was referring to the hair duplication formerly known as "autocloning" aspect of ACell. However, while I can understand the merit/science behind plucking, I'll admit that transecting an actual follicle for partial implantation seems quite different and it would be interesting to view the literature supporting this technique.

There have been studies showing that transected follicles have the potential to regenerate. A quick search gives this for example (on horizontally transected follicles): Hair Regeneration from Transected Follicles in Duplicative Surgery: Rate of Success and Cell Populations Involved - TOSCANI - 2009 - Dermatologic Surgery - Wiley Online Library

The problem with any kind of transection is that you will remove a part of the basic follicular structure, whereas in plucking, both what's left in the donor and in the transplanted follicle will provide a quite precise scaffold in which the follicle can regenerate. If Gho's paper is valid, he actually provides statistically significant data that the hair in the donor will grow back thinner, which imo owes to the above.

• 2 weeks later...