Experienced surgeon for black patients?

Hi,

I currently live in London and I am cosidering travelling to the US to have my hair transplant surgery.

I am currently researching for well know experienced hair transplant surgeons that have had excellent results with black patients.

Thank you

Edited by rjns82
mistake

In my knowledge many doctors dont have alot of experience with black patients. This in my opinion is because many look great with a shaven head.

What I know about is that there are a much more difficult transplant because the hair is curly and many times curly under the skin where the follicles starts. This makes it alot more difficult and usually needs experiences tech that can cut the follicle without damaging it. There is also a much greater chance of keloid in the donor area. Even if the hair all grows as promised many times there is a bigger than average scar to worry about. This is not the case all the time.

On the positive in the few cases that I have seen the results seem to look alot better with few grafts. This is because of both the coarseness and the curliness of the hair.

Regardless you need to research wisely because as I stated because it can be much more complicated as a normal transplant. An experienced honest doctor with experienced staff give you a much greater change of a successful surgery.

Good luck on your search.

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dr. Bisanga I guess, cause he himself is black, so he may understand black patients better. Thats my opinion. But as many said, curly hair is tough to deal with.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi,

Thank you all for the excellent feedback, very grateful for the detailed response Lorenzo. I have taken a look at some of Dr Lindsey's work and also some of his video and found them to be quite impressive.

I am currently a class 2A and on the early stages of researching on a solution for my hair problem.

I have emailed spex support directly to arrange an appointment when he visits London.

If there is any other info on doctors and hair transplants for black patients please feel free to add.

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you all for the excellent feedback, very grateful for the detailed response Lorenzo. I have taken a look at some of Dr Lindsey's work and also some of his video and found them to be quite impressive.

I am currently a class 2A and on the early stages of researching on a solution for my hair problem.

I have emailed spex support directly to arrange an appointment when he visits London.

If there is any other info on doctors and hair transplants for black patients please feel free to add.

Thank you

Dr. Umar in Redondo Beach California has shown some good results with black patients.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

I am a African American female who has had a 1600 graft FUT performed by Dr. Robert Dorin 1 year ago. My hair has grown in very well, without complications. No one would ever know I had a transplant if I did not inform them. My scar is very flat, and barely visible. I highly recommend him.