Poor growth and what to expect

I am a first time poster but long time reader.

I hope posters can give me some advice. I dont want to post photos or go in to much detail in case it harms my chances of getting a good solution.

If growth has been around 40% after 18 month what should i expect from my clinic for poor growth.

Should I expect

A refund

Free surgery

A refund and free surgery

Part refund

Part refund and free surgery

Nothing

Or something else?

What is fair?

I would think that the best way to find out what to expect is to actually contact the clinic. I only say this because from what I've heard different clinics handle issues like this in different ways.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hello poorgrowth

I'm very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied.

In response to your question: it really depends on the circumstances. Personally, I would consider it potentially misleading to recommend one particular course of action to you as "fair" at this stage when I know so little of the facts. The success of an HT is variable and as you know the variables include your own physiology as well as surgical skill.

I understand why you would not wish to name your surgeon at this point, but I strongly recommend that you speak first to him/her and try to resolve your disappointment face to face. There is no "standard response" you should expect from a clinic, but an ethical surgeon will do all he/she can to understand why there has been poor growth in your case and explore options with you to help.

If you find the clinic to be unsupportive, at that stage you may feel able to tell us some more about your case so that clearer opinions can be given.

Good luck.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Guest wanthairs

poor growth----

If your lack of growth is accurate and it is not yoru fault and if you are sure u have been misled----than demand ALL your monye back and accept nothing less----ever

Poorgrowth,

Not only does every clinic have their own way of handling less than optimal results, what's "fair" depends on each individual case. Since we don't have all the details and both sides of the story, it wouldn't be fair of this community to make judgement and tell you what's fair.

If you'd like my help and you don't want to post all the details on the forum, feel free to send me a private message and I'll be happy to contact the physician on your behalf. Of course, your doctor and I will need your permission to discuss your case.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello Poorgrowth

I think Acrobaz,Jotronic, and Bill have given you excellent advice.

If any of my patients were unhappy with their results, I would hope that they would first give me the opportunity to make things right. Most hair transplant doctors truly want to help their patients and strive to improve their skills and knowledge to be the best hair transplant doctors they can be.

Before deciding on the fairest solution, it is important to figure out what went wrong. When there is poorer than expected growth there can be problems with expectations, growth, or both.

If the grafts truly did not grow well, your doctor would need to figure out why they didn't grow well before undertaking any more hair transplantation.

I hope that you and your doctor can work together to find a good and fair solution for you. If you meet and can't come to an understanding, that would be the time for a second opinion.

Cam Simmons MD ABHRS

Seager Medical Group,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thank you for all the advice.

The growth has been poor this has been confirmed by the clinic by photos. I know in the end i will have to visit the clinic but as it was abroad its not that simple so im trying to do as much as i can by email.

I dont feel the clinic misled me. I have no doubt i got the grafts i paid for. I did everything that i was instructed to do and at this point im not blaming the clinic but for whatever reason the hair has just not grown as thick as it should have.

I feel i am being fair to the clinic and trying to work to a solution.

So far no offer has been made but the emails are on going and i havent asked for anything yet i want to ask on here first.

I know its hard to give advice with so little info all i can say is the clinic admits the growth hasnt been good and i did everything that i was instructed to.