Bless you guys!

Hi guys,

Just registered and impressed with this comunity. Ive been down a long time with my hairloss and thinking of a HT. Ive looked into a few surgeons but Dr Rahan and Hasson seems to be great.

I havent used a DHT blocker and thinking of starting Minox. Any suggestions? I would prefer not to use Finasteride/Dutasteride.

Here are photos of my bald head, feel free to comment/suggest.

Thanks guys...:confused:

IMG_0431.jpg.117afa66659ddab32f40dd6188aba9b5.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg.8776f1c14590eaeeedf8872451edfc71.jpg

Your hair is not bad at all. I am thinking that 2500 grafts will give you a pretty full look.

Good luck.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

suffrinandnotsmilin,

Welcome to our hair loss community!

Rogaine (minoxidil) would be a good start. However, it is not a DHT blocker but a vasodilator. The mechanisms by which it treats hair loss are not fully understood. Propecia (finasteride) is a DHT inhibitor and is generally considered much more effective as a stand alone hair loss treatment.

Using these drugs in combination is your best best to slow the progression of androgenic alopecia (male pattern balding) and potentially regrow hair. Given your hair loss pattern, you appear to be a perfect candidate to benefit from this treatment.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Although you are against taking meds, you look like the type that would respond well. It seems like you still have a lot of fine hairs that could be salvaged. I'd give it a try for 18 months instead of dropping $10,000 on transplants.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Meds, like fin and dut are a risk, but they do work and if you go doing the surgery route you might need them even more, because some of that thinning hair on your crown won't survive the surgery. If you want some food for thought, why not get your DHT tested first. Meds can be dangerous to a minority of people so you have to be prepared to try them BEFORE the surgery, assess the benefits and/or adverse effects. That's the conventional way. There are guys like Biscuit, for example who have done pretty well, (last time I checked) avoiding drugs and going down the strip transplant route, but I would advise against it.

Dr. Parsley claims .25 to .5 mg. a day can have positive effects also. Some docs recommed 1 mg. on a M W F schedule. A lot of physicians also recommend Nizoral shampoo 2-3 times a week and 2.5-5 mg of Biotin daily. Anything is better than nothing. Here are good examples of medical stabilization.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160383-nw4-way-nw6-dr-parsley.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160365-why-am-i-conservative.html

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D