Order of Application - Post Op

Ok, so as I continue in my research, it appears that there are a few topical treatments that most people suggest to apply post-op for quicker healing and better results.

My question is this. In what order, or what time of day, would you apply them? I supposed I am looking for some sort of schedule.

1. Rogaine

2. Aloe Vera with Vitamin E

3. Copper Peptide

4. Distilled Witch Hazel

I assume Rogaine first, twice a day. But the rest? Please help?

IMHO, you should not apply minoxidil, the active ingredient in Rogaine to your scalp post-op until your epidermis is completely healed. Many HT docs would recommend waiting two weeks before applying minoxidil. But that is for the purpose of jump starting the new growth in your grafts, not for healing purposes. Minoxidil is not a post-op healing med.

The only one I would recommend is copper peptide on your list.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I forgot to mention, ask your chosen doctor what he recommends.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Use Copper Peptide for the first 4-5 days. Then if you choose you could start using Finasteride once a day for a while before going to twice a day. Vitamin E oil and aloe vera can be applied at night to the donor woun after the sutures or staples are removed. I have never seen any studies or data to support the benefits of Witch Hazel, but I have heard patients swear it works for them.

So wait two weeks for Minoxidil, that makes sense.

I have heard aloe vera won recipient AND donor helps a lot too. This cant hurt can it?

I would assume witch hazel would go first, as it is generally thought of as a "cleaner" for minor cuts, which is essentially what a transplant is.

Followed by the Aloe Vera/Vitamin E Lotion.

Once I start the minoxidil I would assume it would go on right after the witch hazel.

However, don't know what form of copper peptide to purchase, or when it would be applied.

Thank you for the comments so far!

Use Copper Peptide for the first 4-5 days. Then if you choose you could start using Finasteride once a day for a while before going to twice a day. Vitamin E oil and aloe vera can be applied at night to the donor woun after the sutures or staples are removed. I have never seen any studies or data to support the benefits of Witch Hazel, but I have heard patients swear it works for them.

Dr Charles, Did you mean start Rogaine once or twice a day as compared to finasteride?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website