Help plzzzzz. Any suggestion arreciated

Hello guys,

Please Help me in my queries.. Please help. Any suggestions and personnal experience will be greatly appreciated.

My age is 27. From past 2 years I am regularly takin finasteride and applying minidoxil 5% every night. The hairloss hasn't stopped completely. But my hair has become thin in that area. Apart from these tablets I also take Saw pallmeto, Horsetail tablets which are herbal and recommended for hair loss. However i have lost all my hair in my hairline. I have a big forehead now.

1st question

I had send out my pics to the HT doc. As I have a recedding hairline (pics attached), he suggested that 1600-1800 grafts will be sufficient.

Do u guys agree ??

I thought 2000-2200 grafts will be required. Please comment as you guys have more expertise

Also he said he will transplant 45-50 grafts per cm square for hairline

Now the big question:

My friend had a similar hairline like mine. Well he didnt researched much as I did and went for a HT with his doc itself. The results were kinda OK. Not that great. however, after completing 1 and half year he started loosing hairs in the crown. As transplantation was only done on the receding hairline, there was a visible gap between the hairline and crown area. After consulting with his doc again, he said this can be expected and said he has to do 1 more transplant. Eventually his hair was looking very bad. Infact worse.

Is this expected ?? Please comment.

I am attaching my crown pics also. My doc said he will transplant some grafts in the middle as well w/o touching the existing hair.

The doc gave me a realistic view saying HT will not give soo great results that it will be as if I had hair in younger age. But it will certainly enhance my looks and will be much better than present. My appreance will def change for better part.

When I asked him about my second question, he said this may happen as u never know if the crown area wil start loosing hair quickly. But he said that this can be curbed with mediciation. He also said if in case i go bald in few years in crown area, then one more HT will solve the problem.

Guys, Plzzzzzzzzz answers my question. Please I am really looking for some help in this forum.

Thank you soo much.

5b32cd2254650_crown1.jpg.e34e05474e4d2035b96f6d30bfa8eb0d.jpg

5b32cd2268480_front1.jpg.c7825f7b1d93c8ecea0062e0314f6ca9.jpg

5b32cd227833b_crown2.jpg.63fea4d121693f3504474a3565eb37c5.jpg

5b32cd228ca2c_front2.jpg.e930188df5875d9f32c7081c479fb417.jpg

top.jpg.b85d001f3b54ffc4948bb5d1c68599a0.jpg

Hello Beckham, Who was the Dr.? That is important.

First let me say that when your Dr. tells you that if you loose hair in the crown you will only need to get one more HT & that will take care of it. Well it's not that simple! HT's are not a cure for balding & it is not possible to determine where your hairloss will go in the future.

Personally, I think you should not get a HT at this point. You pointed out that your friends hair looks worse than pre Ht. In many cases this is true. Especially in someone like you that has a lot to loose. You have good hair & you have the ability to have a good style for many more years without a HT. One day you will look at these pics & think man I had a ton of beautiful hair, though it may not seem like it now. Trust me I am 53 yr's old now & even though I began loosing hair in my twenties, It was still manageable for many years before I had my first HT at 49. At that point I had nothing to loose...u do.

I repeat Hair transplants are not a cure for MPB.

Good luck & stay away from the scalpel for now.

Atomic

Thanks a lot Atomic. really appreciated. Well actually the pics i have taken is from closeup. I will try to take a pic from bit far and post. Problem is Atomic, i really have a huge forehead. My hairline has reduced tremendously. And on the right corner of my hairline i have a big bald patch.

I really cant comb my hair properly also due to this i have got big corners on my bald patch. If i keep small hair, I really looks very funny and bad. If i keep average hair my hair messes up and it falls down on my forehead.

Frankly, i never wanted to go for HT. I had regeisterd in this site for hairloss way back in 2007. Since then i had communicated with some docs in this site via email. On there recommendation i started having finasteride tablets. hairfall didnt stopped completely. it just slowed the process. In the end i consultated doctors and he gave me minidoxidil for better results. My hair def became more thick. he gave me some injections on head and sometimes laser treatments. This was totally crap. I realised it later.

Trust me, i tried diff hairstyles and it really didnt worked for me. hence i decide to do a HT.

I will give a quick update on myself. I am from Pune, India. In India, the culture is really different. I can bet my family members will never allow me HT at 35-40, let alone at 50. In india as i am a marriageable age and my family want me to get married, hence they agreed over this. Its really tuff to make these guys understand how looking better increases one's self esteem. Hope u get wat i want to convey.

The doc i am referring to is Bishan Mahadevia. Please ignore my previous comment that 2nd HT wil solve the problem. he just said i may to go for it if necessary. He also strongly believe thatthru medication for few years my hair in crown will be good enough. I really dont have any bad advice for this doc. Nor wanna give any bad influence. Infact he just said wats reality.

I have send my pics to Dr Madhu. have even called him. Till date I have not got any reply from him. I am again gonna call and it will be good if he answers this time.

Hopefully u guys understand wat i want to say. My hairline really sucks. I have posted pics when i have applied oil. I will post w/o applying one. maybe u guys will get convinced that i do have a large forehead and bad hairline with absolutely no idea how and where to comb..lol :)

Edited by bechkam7

Too early for a transplant. You have decent hair & yes your condition can get much worse over the years, so you need to be ready.

Enjoy it for now. You may consider having a transplant on the hairline but you'll always chase the dream. You could end up having a lot of ops if you start too early.

Choose a decent surgeon. His staff's communication with you prior to an op is very important

Hi,

Well as I see it you have two choices. One is to have a HT now and realise in the future that you will need to have further procedures because of hairloss or wait it out and see how your hairloss progresses.

Do yourself a favour and check out Doctor Madhu if you do decide to have a HT.

Regards

Rod

Hey thanx for the reply.

Hmm..well now 3 members are saying to wait for some time and go for a HT. I will consult Dr Madhu on this by meeting him. That wil be better.

Any more feedbacks ??

Edited by bechkam7