hi guys i ve been reading these forums for years so i pretty much know how things work but lets say i need a talk with the long timers here and reps if they want to chime in.

After all these years with hairloss i am thinking of having a transplant. I am nw6 and i have some hair up but nothing significant and i have to plan as if they are not even there. I don't want to use propecia cause of sideffects and i dont use minox as it doesnt do much anymore than bloating my face like a balloon.

I also dont want strip, because i want to cut my hair very short on the sides. I think you all by now realize that i am not a good candidate and most of you by now will say forget about it.

But there is one thing that i hope that can keep me in the game. I look good with a buzz but i don't look good if i shave them completely so i am wondering if an FUE transplant can let me have my hair buzzed down very short so i can have a hairline again, light coverage throughout the scalp so i can avoid the shaving. You see is different when all the scalp is white when you shave and when there is this black shadow all around by clipping it down to 5 or 10 mm

Right now it looks so bad that only when i shave them it looks uniform and nice. But i was thinking if i can have the transplanted hair throughout the scalp then i can have a nice buzz. I was also thinking i dont even need the density if i cut them so short because we all know that less is more when you are balding. you know the most post op pics that we see from transplants where patients have short buzz. Well i would be happy to keep it that short forever.

I just want to know, do you think its a good idea? do docs advice on that? Has anyone here done that? What do you think are the drawbacks?Which doctor you think i should contact i am thinking umar or bisanga

any thoughts

thanx in advance

Edited by The count Of Baldecristo

I think you can definitely try for a buzzed down look. You can probably pull it off without super high density too. There were some examples floating of this around at one time--it was being called the "less-is-more" look. The one caveat, if you're a NW6, is that you will need quite a few grafts, which can be very costly as you know with FUE.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

There was a guy that went to Feller and had FUE to just create the look of stubble since he wanted to keep his hair really tight. It turned our really nice. Ask spex for the details as I cant remember his name. This sounds like exactly what you want to do.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

There was a guy that went to Feller and had FUE to just create the look of stubble since he wanted to keep his hair really tight. It turned our really nice. Ask spex for the details as I cant remember his name. This sounds like exactly what you want to do.

thanx for the feedback guys i will speak with stephenl first as this was the guys results that i saw and thought about it. Feller has also done it? I thought he was advicing FUE only for patients with minimal balding does he have a case like this?

I will pm spex and see what he thinks. Is stephenl here also?