Does this sound right

I was emailing a hair doctor, about having a procedure done. His assistant who does his emails, says you should hurry up and make a deposit before your date is filled. My procedure im having is a month and a half away is this how it usually goes.

Depends on who the doctor is?? Some doctors are booked up 4 months out and the only way to hold a spot is with a deposit. However, if it sounds like they are SELLING you a transplant, I would be very cautious.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I suppose it depends on how it was said. It wouldn't be untoward to remind you that your desired slot could be filled if you don't confirm and commit to the date by paying your deposit. Although most doctors understand that patients are making a big decision when booking surgery, they simply cannot allow slots to be tied up for too long when they could be convenient dates for other patients. One and a half months into the future is soon enough that the doctor will probably want to have a clear idea of who is having surgery and when. It makes for smoother running.

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

The deposit should still be refundable up to a few weeks before the procedure. In most cases if the patients has a good reason and gives the clinic reasonable notice they should refund the money or move it to a later date if necessary.