transplants spotted in the wild

multiplier

I live in Manhattan but in 8 million people and 5 boroughs, I feel like I've never seen a transplant.

Then last night I went to the Meadowlands and saw not 1 but 2 obvious transplants within 10 minutes. In both cases there was sparse coverage in the frontal third of hair that was way too thick in diameter to be there, while the back 2/3 were bald. Both men had hair cut fairly short so you could detect the outline of a scar. Both men were in their mid-30s.

I have to say, this had a bit of a chilling effect on me. I couldn't help but wonder why they walked around like that instead of getting another procedure, although neither had what looked like good donor area. The overall effect was not the kind of thing you'd want to see in the mirror and I felt bad for the guys.

It's this kind of thing that simultaneously makes me wish either a) I'd never gotten my first transplant, and/or b) I need to hurry and get another. A very strange feeling.

What do you guys think when you spot transplants in the wild?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Hi,

They probably didn't complete due diligence and went to a hack and don't have enough money to get it repaired or alternatively have been scared off undergoing another procedure.

At least they have decided shave down and accept their fate and not go around wearing baseball caps out in public. Poor buggers but at least they accepted their fate.

Regards

Rod

Yeah, I actually wondered if they'd done what I did 10 years ago which is get minigrafts with a place like MHR, realize the consequences 5 years later and then swear off surgeries for good.

On the positive side, I'm glad that the work being done these days by HTN's recommended docs is a bit more refined and forward-thinking. To me, it's worth spending the money to get things repaired and move your life forward.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

I've spotted a few recently too after not seeing any. I always want to tell the guy he can get fixed but never do....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I think that researching HTs and just being more aware of what they look like, examining pics, etc. made HTs more obvious to me and I've noticed I've been spotting them more. But I was never looking for them before, ya know?