Getting Rid of the Pinkness with Alcohol?

I'm almost 4-weeks post op and I'm trying to eliminate the pickness in the recipient area. I've been using Vitamin E oil, and I just bought Distilled Witch Hazel, but I noticed it contains 14% alcohol is this ok to use? I read on this forum somewhere Witch Hazel works to reduce the pinkness/redness but it doesn't mention anything about Witch Hazel with alcohol? Would the Alcohol harm the grafts? Any other recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

vek2010,

After my second hair transplant I decided to try Witch Hazel to reduce redness as well. I couldn't really say if it made a difference at all but the product I purchased was alcohol free and said "redness reducing" right on the label.

At 4 weeks post-op, I don't believe alcohol is going to damage your grafts.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

vek2010,

Like Spex said, Aloe Vera gel is another product that may help. I used both products during my second transplant and I don't think I saw a significant difference in the duration of the pinkness as compared to my first procedure.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website