hiding fue

Looking to schedule a fue session with smg within the next few months. Unfortunately the only thing holding me back is knowing whether or not I can hide the surgery from my co-workers. I work with a bunch of women and they seem to nitpick everything. I don't want to be known specifically as the "guy" who had a ht. Any reccomendations or advice?

p.s. I'm 31 yrs old, nw3. looking at 1200 session

SMG are one of the absolute best when it comes to the state of your recipient post procedure.

Saying that everyone is different when it comes to healing times. How much time off can you take before you have to go back to work?

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

FUE is (IMHO) the least detectable since you don't have the large strip scar. You definitely need to take time off though. I just had a small FUE with Feller, and the only thing that would've made it very detectable was that Feller shaves the recipient site (he also shaves the donor site, but that can be blended in with a 1.5 clipping...I know, I did it). I have been able to cover up the recipient site though by combing my hair the other way, and no one has said anything. First week, I was completely paranoid, now it's 6 weeks deep and I don't even think about it (due to new combing pattern). Good luck.

Hi tb--- generally 10 days is enough to pull it off....what I recommend to everyone doing FUE is shave your head prior----give everyone a chance to get used to you BEFORE...that way, your co-workers will be used to you with a buzz and at the end of 8-10 days you if you have some lingering pinkness, people may give you a second look, but nothing will appear out of the ordinary.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I'm in the same boat..I'm not comfortable with a 2 inch high strip across the back of my head showing skin...and then shaved area where the implants go..

Right now I'm successfully using couvre and toppek so barely anyone can tell..

Does the doctor have to shave the back of your head in the donor area and then again on the area where the transplants go?

I can't see how that can be done and then covered with couvre and toppik?

I'd like to have a transplant.. but don't want to have such a look afterward...

Does Dr. Keller have to shave both the donor area and the reciepant area?

I'd prefer not to have shaved head and then just use the toppik and couvre to cover the area..

I could do the shaving of the sides and back of the head to cover the donor area but the transplant area has to have that too?

Merry christmas guys and thanks for the forum replies..

Jon