When to rub off the scabs?

I am 9th day after HT and I still have lot of scabs/crusts on heard. Is it common?

I tried rubbing it lightly while i shampoo for last 2 days ..but not much luck.Most of the scabs are still present. So should I let it take its own time to come off..or should I start rubbing more during shampoo? I was not sure if the presence of scabs will have any negative effect on the growth of new hairs.

Any advice?

I'm 12 days post HT and lots more scab shedding to go too. Scabs have moved out as hairs have grown (so they're stuck to the middle of most growing hairs like misguided crusts), but I'm resisting the urge to rub or pull.

Thanks for the tip Levrais. Was too afraid to rub!

I was affraid too at that point but had to go to work the next day. I rubbed gently after a tub soak and the crusts sort of disolved under my finger tips. Of course after that I was worried that I was too rough and that nothing would grow as a result. Its easy to get worried! Good luck :)

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

And I did it last night, thanks for the vote of confidence Levrais :)

I put on a Chuck Norris flick. Sat on the sofa with a glass of water and piece of cotton next to me. Spent the next 2 hours painstakingly dabbing wet cotton on sections of recipient, made crusts soft and then slowly rubbed/scraped them off. Very slowly and with much love. And today im totally crust free. PHEW.

Hows yours doing smartguy?