Younger the better for finasteride?

aarontbh

Your doc should prescribe it. If u are thinning, the younger the better. Keep researching, good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

aarontbh,

If you are in the early stages of hair loss then this is the perfect time to start Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil). I highly recommend speaking to your dermatologist about it.

The more hair you have to begin with the better the results you can expect. They may prolong your hair loss for years to come.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

It says o the top of the forum" Hair Loss Drugs Share your opinions and experiences regarding drugs like Propecia (finasteride), Minoxidil and others." So here ya go, and hope this help. You can veiw my profile to see everything I've ever posted about hair loss drugs.

Read some of my posts and get sum of the truth before you "take the plunge"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, your hair becomes dependent on these drugs kid. You have to keep taking them for the rest of your living hair days. They say the younger the better, what they dont say is. The schedule and constant hassel of bringing your hairloss products where ever you go, because heaven forbid you miss a doseage of your hailoss juice.O, And thats exactly what I wanted to do when I was 21 coming home from the bars, is to put my hairloss medicin on after having sex with my girlfriend, that really gets the confidence/swag in her view of me going.

Just remember bud, when you take the plunge theirs no going back. they will tell you on the bottles, once you stop you will loose it all. Think about it all. Just trying to help say, what no one said to me. The people that give up after failed trials with these drugs, the drug companies made that money regardless, butt those people accepted it and stopped researchig and reporting like me. However, I will report my journey since I believe it has helped many of my friends and co workers , fellow students, church friends , family, etc. etc. The people that know me come to me for advice, I guesss you would say God blessed me with the ability to reach out to people, who ever it is!! any ways, back to post.

I've spent around 5, 000 $ on hairloss drugs, and my hair has gotten worse, their is no guarantee the drugs will work for you. If anything the lucky few who say it works for dont have pictures to back it up. And most of the people who do document like I do, come out to be fake because they had a transplant done on the front region or etc.and tried to say the drugs did it. That is no secret to you I suspect. Hair loss companies are just like health and fitness experts, for years they have been telling us to eat power bars and do this and that.

Sorry if your not able to see the comparison in the two, I dont feel like writing a comparison paper on hairloss companies and health and fitness companies such as gyms and weight loss programs, but you can use your intellect.

All opinions and views shared are my own.

god bless

Edited by Yomommyz

This is probably the worst and most uneducated posts I have ever read. There ARE pics on this website and all over the web of hao propecia (finasteride) will help slow loss (harder to prove), maintain or regrow hair (easy to prove with pics...which there are a lot of). I personally only take finasteride and I cut the 5 mg pills into 4ths. This is less expensive than buying one energy drink a month. So it does not have to be expensive.

I do not take minoxidil because I have no crown loss and as he said , I do not want to have to do 2 applications per day, it just does not fit into my lifestyle.

also, the hair you lose when you stop is also the hair that you would already have lost, so it is not like you are gong to be worse off.

Taking a pill once a day is worth is for me to help keep my hair til something better comes along.

To say that finasteride is a scam is just totally untrue.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

"""""This is probably the worst and most uneducated posts I have ever read""""

Well sir, every one has there own opinion!!! If you would like to insult my intelegence please enlighten us on your hairloss story, since I've took the time to enlighten and give awarness to others. Mine is an educated and experienced opinion as well, as yours could be.However; You think fin is the wonder drug because the fda approved it?????.

Also, where are you loosing your hair from sir? Just the front? And how long have you been on fin? When did you start losing your hair? Some peoples testosteromes levels are higher than others. My posts sir are not incorrect and are not innaccurate. Just because one person says this world or drug isnt a happy little marshmellow world some of you live in, you want to kick me out of the forum just for sharing (my) hairloss experience.Also I'm not the only one who has experienced the same thigs I've mentioned in all of my posts. You can click on my profile and read about everything and the topics I've brought up. But please sir enlighten us with your story since you want to slander my post. And you did prove my statement above that when you finally do give up on the cost and pain of these hairlossd rugs that your hair does fall out, However; you cannot prove why. Only by what you have read. And as we know everything you read is true!!

God bless

Edited by Yomommyz

I am not a corporate shill, nor do I think any other of the other writers are. You sound more like you are frustrated that the treatment did not work for you. Medical ethical corruption is very common, and being sceptical is a recommended attitude these days, but evidence shows.

Take it how you will. What I said was for others benefit , not my own. I'm trying to share my experience for your gain.

My only concern is trying to help, and I did try.

God bless and good luck.

OK, you said "Once you stop, you will lose it all."- NOT TRUE. You lose what you already would have lost. If you were only going to end up a NW 4 without the meds...you will not end up any worse. The medicine does not make your hair MORE sensitive to DHT than it would have been had you left the medicine alone.

"...their is no guarantee the drugs will work for you." True, but there is a 90 percent chance that they will at least help.

" If anything the lucky few who say it works for dont have pictures to back it up." NOT TRUE Check this link out. This is from a surgeon who has no benefit in saying that these meds work. Note that these are pics of only meds (Link removed by moderator)

"And most of the people who do document like I do, come out to be fake because they had a transplant done on the front region or etc.and tried to say the drugs did it."- Why would these people lie? This statement is just an allegation that until proven otherwise has no validity.

The only reason that I am calling you on this is that there are people on here trying to do research that may read you post and not know that it is just based on one experience and not the overall science of these drugs. They may not know that these drugs work for 90 percent of the patients. If you just said, hey, these drugs didn't work for me, that would be fine, but you are calling most people liars who have had success with these products and that is not fair to them or people looking to fight their MPB.

As for my personal experience, not that it is important to be able to call bull on your first post, I am 32 and and what I like to call a NW2.5. I have been on finasteride for 7 months and I have had no further loss and shedding has slowed. I have a lot of hair actually but am slowly receeding. I have a rare disfiguring scalp condition that makes it important to me to keep as much hair as I can, so I consider my case kind of unique. I do not use minoxidil yet because my hair is doing pretty well and I am not ready to commit to a twice a day application. If the fin needs a boost, I will add it to my regime. One does not have to go through a procedure to understand that science and effectiveness of these drugs.

If you read back your original post with an open mind, it was very biased and not what most people should expect.

Edited by TakingThePlunge
Removed external link

View Spanker's Website