Your opinion

Hello everyone, I posted a video of myself about 7 months ago to ask whether or not I should have a transplant or not. I was advised that it would be best that I wait. I would be grateful if you some of you could do the same this time around, 7 months after and advise me whether I should go for a transplant or not. Some doctors with the exception of a few are ready to give me a transplant but I would really like your feedback first. Also is there anything about certain doctors being highly skilled to place donor hair in such a way that the native hair doesn't die?

Thank you so much!

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6vTJicagPI

Momo81 from what I see it doesn't seem like you are a candidate for surgery because you seem too young for it , in addition to the probability of experiencing a lot of shock loss in that area. If you haven't already, you should start propecia (finasteride 1mg) and/or Rogaine Foam (minoxidil) and that can actually regrow hair in the crown region, where I assume from the video is your area of concern. You also seem too young to have the procedure done in the crown, as most surgeons will want you to wait until you are close to 40 years old, due to the possibility of greater hair loss in the future, and not having enough donor supply to give you a proper hairline, forelock etc. If that area is really bothering you, there are some cosmetics you can use to hide it such as Toppik, or Dermatch.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thank you for that 'thehairupthere'. I've already had a transplant in the front/midscalp region in December 2008 for 2700 odd grafts. I am now wondering whether the doctor was right in terms of undergoing surgery on me from an ethical perspective as I was naive about this at the time. Without naming names this doctor is recommended on the Hair transplant network site as well.

Also my midscalp region is quite thin and patchy as I would have thought it would be thicker than that considering the number of grafts placed in the region.

Anyway thank you.

Edited by momo81

I am not familiar with how you looked prior to the first treatment so I'm not sure how much of an improvement you have experienced. You may require more treatment to reach your goals, so if you post your before photos we can have a good look at the result of this treatment. It is common for patients to go through several treatments in their lifetime, but that depends on the balding pattern that the patient has. 2700 grafts is a good amount of grafts, but again, depending on the extent of your hair loss it may not be enough to get that "full" look, but that doesn't necessarily mean your surgeon did a poor job. I would consult with them again, or another recommended surgeon from this site so you can get a proper assessment.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians