6 months post op and barely any results

I had my HT 6 months ago today and I'm very worried with the results so far. I had 2000 grafts transplanted and I've only seen a few of those hairs sprout. I saw hairs coming out by the 3rd month but since that time only a few more have sprouted. I know everyone is different but from all the posts I have read from previous patients I'm no where near where they were. All my transplanted hairs should have started to grow by now shouldn't they? I know it can take up to a year to 18 months for the final results to show but this is worrisome. I get depressed every day when I look in the mirror because I don't see any improvement. I would feel great if I saw all my transplanted hairs sprouting but it's not happening. Has anyone else been in this situation before? If so what was your outcome?

I had my surgery by Dr. Mckenzie from Segar Hair Transplant clinic in Toronto.

Hi there, i am feeling bad too. I am nearly 9 months post op, and my results are mediocre at best. However, i do not just want to place any judgement until one year. That said, i am not being positive at all as i dun expect any miracle to happen.

Maybe i am just one of those with bad luck. I made a choice, took the plunge, i cannot regret :) just move on!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I had my HT 6 months ago today and I'm very worried with the results so far. I had 2000 grafts transplanted and I've only seen a few of those hairs sprout. I saw hairs coming out by the 3rd month but since that time only a few more have sprouted. I know everyone is different but from all the posts I have read from previous patients I'm no where near where they were. All my transplanted hairs should have started to grow by now shouldn't they? I know it can take up to a year to 18 months for the final results to show but this is worrisome. I get depressed every day when I look in the mirror because I don't see any improvement. I would feel great if I saw all my transplanted hairs sprouting but it's not happening. Has anyone else been in this situation before? If so what was your outcome?

I had my surgery by Dr. Mckenzie from Segar Hair Transplant clinic in Toronto.

If you live in Toronto, why didn't you go with Dr. Rahal?

tazstock,

I agree that you should have seen some growth at this point. Have you contacted your physician for a follow up?

While you are behind the curve and it's not necessarily a good sign, you will still need to wait out the year in order to see how much growth you get before deciding where to go from here.

Hair transplantation is generally a highly successful procedure but there are unfortunate exceptions.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

If you live in Toronto, why didn't you go with Dr. Rahal?

I went with Dr. Mckenzie because Seagar Hair Transplant Centre was a reputable centre when Dr. Seagar was still alive. You transferred the reins over to Dr. Mckenzie before he past away. On top of that they gave me a big discount for booking the surgery a week before (late cancellation). That was the main selling point.

• 3 months later...

I had my surgery in December of last year, and I have yet to see any results. I also get very discouraged and I have become obsessed with my hair. I look at it everyday and, though I can feel some tiny hairs, I don't see anything. I have been looking on-line to see if there are any reasons/abnormalities, and also I am curious to see if there any cases in which hair does not grow after surgery. Either way, I am still looking, if I find something or if I have any results, I will keep you posted. Please do the same. Cheers.

My doctor recommended some finasteride, but I chose not to take anything synthetic, or any pills. I decided that if after this surgery any hair falls off, I will wave it farewell, there is no way I would spend more money or time in another hair transplant. I have to remind myself than unlike Samson, my strength does not reside in my hair :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear the lack of results. 6 months I had about 90% of my graphs producing. They come in inconsistently with some hairs very faint but they where accounted for.

Here's to hoping your graphs are dormant for longer period of time than typical. I thought the days of graphs not taking where long gone, and you would assume with little results the doc would give you another go round for free or discounted rate.