FUT 4 Weeks In - Time for the buzz

Amped

So, I couldn't handle the layer of hair that covered my newly inserted grafts, not only from an aesthetic perspective but simply the effect of anticipation it created to see sprouts of new hair along with the ultimate expectation for them and native to grow superbly fast to my normal length.

Took the clippers stuck the 3/8" comb and buzzed it all off. Honestly I wasn't sure what is considered grade 3 but I must have hit it bang on borderline for scar visibility. I don't believe you can see the scar per say, but simply the layer of missing hair following the surgery, or added missing strands due to shock loss.

The hair you see is native hair , although I may have hung on to a few winner grafts but its impossible to say. Either way , I feel ten times better and after some toppik, pretty much back to normal.

First image is current state- sorry about the blurry picture but my weblog has one with a close up and better detail.

Second image is the scar, again blurry but added flash to highlight the line.

Third image , after toppik and normal lighting conditions.

ADDED:Fourth image: Full on flash...before toppik. I know, cringe worthy.

IMG_0881.jpg.896959105ac8638b9365df617c298e1c.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg.2c0735cc514ff9fb655f5493c2c5a0b5.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg.36f96049b28fe83af4e5004f6a206a12.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg.de172cb59f63b124ccdbd9d8bd44de3b.jpg

Edited by Amped

Amped,

Looking good! The scar is very well hidden at that length and the Toppik is helping the top look good.

Not a bad look at all after only 4 weeks.

Congrats!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Flash represents nothing that is seen in reality. It magnifies the effect by reflecting back into the lens thus washing out the finer hairs closer to the scalp. That is when the image is taken overhead. Straight on into the hairline has the opposite effect by making it look thicker.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians