Orientation of newly transplanted hair onto scalp

I understand that in the recreation of a body of scalp hair, that the transplanted hair is oriented to the direction of the original native hair on the scalp. (Notwithstanding lateral incisions on the hairline, and saggital incisions within the interior zones.)

What would be the best course of action in terms of orientation (distinct from just dense packing) of transplanted grafts (notwithstanding lighting conditions and so on to project the illusion of density) by a surgeon, in order to give the maximum density/body of scalp hair?

take care...

In general, hair anterior to the vertex transition point should point forward, with the angle becoming more acute as it reaches the anterior hairline, where it is essentially horizontal to the ground (regardless of the slope of the forehead). The direction of hair in the frontal hairline always points forward, rather than growing radially, and only deviates significantly from this as it approaches the temples.

Courtesy: Berstein Medical.

take care...

mmhce,

I'm sorry that you had to ask and answer your own question icon_wink.gif.

However, Dr. Bernstein's answer is truly a good one.

There are exceptions to the rule however, since not all people's hair doesn't naturally point forward. I've always been a strange exception to that rule, and even Dr. Hasson commented on that when I saw him last. My hair orientation seems to naturally point backward, so with the exception of the natural sworl in the crown, my transplanted hair is oriented backwards.

Best wishes,

Bill