How long before returning to work?

It has been awhile since I had my first procedure and I am having difficulty remembering how my scalp looked post-op. Considering my hair is very thin near the part and crown, is two weeks sufficient time to allow before returning to work? Would anyone notice redness or anything suspicious on Day 17 post-op?

Thanks!

Hi Gossamer,

At day 17 post op (2 days ago) I looked very normal in fact. I returned to work and absolutely no-one noticed anything. But then again some people differ. But I reckon you should be fine after 2 weeks and if you are still worried then apply a little concealer and all is good.

Also I found it helpful that I went ahead and rubbed off all of the scabbing before returning to work.

Good luck.

It has been awhile since I had my first procedure and I am having difficulty remembering how my scalp looked post-op. Considering my hair is very thin near the part and crown, is two weeks sufficient time to allow before returning to work? Would anyone notice redness or anything suspicious on Day 17 post-op?

Thanks!

If you can, try to ask for another few days as cushion. Some people's scabs fall off after 10 day, some don't. I can't hurt if you have the leave time.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

If you did not experience any lingering redness or unusual facial/forehead swelling, then you should look pretty normal by day 17. That's better than two weeks to heal. Your crusts should be gone by then as well.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

If you did not experience any lingering redness or unusual facial/forehead swelling, then you should look pretty normal by day 17. That's better than two weeks to heal. Your crusts should be gone by then as well.

True. I always recommend a little bit of extra time if someone has the means or the leave time, just in case. It is true that crusts fall off in ten days or so. However, sometimes unexpected things turn up. I will use myself as an example. When I had my HT, the back of my neck/nape area was shaved down. I grew my hair longer to cover up the shaved are, but no matter how I styled my wavy curly hair, it looked REALLY weird (no scars or redness) since the back world curl up exposing the shaved area. I then had to call my employer and make something up to take more vacation days (which I do not like doing, nor would I recommend). It wouldn't have been so bad, except upon my return, I was supposed to do a lecture in front of a large group, and I PANICKED/FREAKED OUT.

So while this had nothing to do with scarring or scabbing, my hair did not grow back out as fast as I hoped. Had I taken a few more days just be safe I would have been ok.

Everyone's case is different. Just something to think about.

Atticus :)

P.S. A guy at work had a strip job done (don't know by who). He took more than 10 days, and when he returned to work it was clear to everyone that he had "Plugs" planted - to use their words. Some scabs were showing, thus making it look like the implants were popping out.

Edited by Atticus

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Starting to get nervous with the big day approaching... is there any place that I can view photos of several different people at Day 14-17?

I'm looking at ~1500 grafts with Dr. Bernstein.

Starting to get nervous with the big day approaching... is there any place that I can view photos of several different people at Day 14-17?

I'm looking at ~1500 grafts with Dr. Bernstein.

You should be fine Gossamer. Are you having strip or FUE?

Atticus

Strip... I think the hair should be long enough in the back to cover the remaining staples. I'm just nervous what the skin texture/color is going to look like around the grafts and how noticeable the stubble will be. I do not recall how it appeared after my first procedure (4 years ago) because my hair was thicker and I combed it forward. It is now thinner and I part it/comb slightly backwards.

Strip... I think the hair should be long enough in the back to cover the remaining staples. I'm just nervous what the skin texture/color is going to look like around the grafts and how noticeable the stubble will be. I do not recall how it appeared after my first procedure (4 years ago) because my hair was thicker and I combed it forward. It is now thinner and I part it/comb slightly backwards.

Are you light, medium or dark skinned?

Atticus

Light-medium? Fairly light-skinned, but not whiter than white. :)

Hmmm. Based on your skin tone, the redness factor should be pretty minimal. When are you having the procedure?