2 weeks post op 1500 grafts - Post Op Questions including Working out and showering

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I am hoping to find some useful information in here. I had a hairtransplant exactly 13 days ago (Strip procedure-1500 grafts). This morning I had my sutures removed and asked the doctor a few questions. I asked him about physical activity and he said its ok for light workouts, nothing heavy for atleast another week. He told me I could start to shower normally. I am scared to let the water from the shower head hit my head, I dont want to lose any grafts. I am right now covered with scabs on my head. I am also scared to do anything physical, I am a gym rat so the last few weeks have been tough sitting around my house. Any thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated.

You need to start getting those scabs off otherwise they can actually do more harm than good, and at this point your grafts are very well secured anyway. You do realize that they will begin to shed, right? In 3-4 month's time the transplanted hairs will then begin to grow, but for now rest assured that the follicles are under there in a dormant phase. So, follow your doc's instructions and you'll be fine. Good growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Oh yes I do understand the hairs will shed, I have seen some scabs fall off in the last few days with a small hair attached to them, no bulb or anything or graft. Picture drawing a straight line on a piece of paper, thats what the hairs look like. Hopefully this is normal. I assume when I start to shower normally, these scabs will fall of with no effect on the grafts?

Yes, the hairs will come off with the scabs and will be be just straight hairs. You should be showering normally now.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com