widow’s peak 4 me = baldness =(

Guest newonmars

Guest newonmars

I know this is probably a stupid question but is there any way to start or stimulate hair growth around the existing hairline?? I have a widow's peak and to the sides of the widow's peak are like bald spots because the hair doesnt start growing until where my ears are. I notice most people have hair lines that shape their face like an oval or a round face, but mine looks like a square with fat cheeks and a point pointing at my nose. Looking straight at me when I have my hair up, the only hair you can see is the top of the widow's peak, so I basically look bald on the sides. Is there any possible way that I can start hair growth there or is it not possible because hair hasnt grown there before? I know this is a hair loss forum and I havent lost any hair, but I was born w/ with these two bald spots (might b hereditary =( ) and I desperately want to get rid of them. Thanx 4 any help

even though pictures would help to assess your situation, i will provide some tentative feedback...you state that you have always had this widows peak with little or no hair in the temple region. In my opinioon there will be no way to stiumlate hair growth in this area.

1. there are no existing hair follicales to grow from

2. current hair loss regiments will not grow back hair that is fully miniaturized in the full villus state. (essentially bare skin)

Your only option at this point is a HT and it would be for cosmetic purposes.

My question to you would be: how old are you? are you thinning anywhere (crown)? Have you tried any hairloss meds?

Again some pictures would help assess the situation better.

Pics always help.

Are you male or female? Also your age will help.

I have seen many times where females have the same issue you are talking about and had their hairlines filled in through HT.

If you are male, then your age and history is important to know. In either case you should probably look into getting a consult with a recommended doctor from this site. Be careful who you choose and do plenty of research on the doc and this is a permenant decision with permenant consequences, good and bad.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.