How Come More Doctor's Don't Perform Facial Hair Transplants?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Dr Umar utilizes BHT from the beard area, and several forum members have posted their results from his BHT/FUE approach.

Try searching "Umar," and see what comes up. It should give you a good basis.

I am curious though, is there a reason why you are interested in BHT from the beard region?

Most physicians don't utilize BHT grafts when follicular units from the DHT resistant region are available because body units maintain their original characteristics when transplanted (i.e. a beard hair from your jawline will still grow/look like a beard hair on your scalp), and units from the back of the head grow in much more predictable cycles and look much more natural.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I think he means recreating beards, mustaches, and sideburns, not using beard hair for donor. I think any doc will do it, it's just not as common a need so you don't see as many results. I just had my temple points done and Dr. Feller put some grafts into my sideburn.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Originally posted by colyma88:

I saw a doctor post before and afters of a beard transplant last week. I don't remember the doc, but I'll try and find it.

You're thinking of Dr Rahal's work which was posted last week.

hairthere is right, compared to hair transplants it's just not something many men want or need.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

AHH!!

My mistake. I thought he was referring to harvesting grafts from the beard area.

As others stated, docs do it, I just don't think it's requested all that often.

Haha, sorry for the confusion on my part!!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

Colyma88,

Thank you for sharing that result! Dr Alexander is a fantastic surgeon, and clearly the sideburn reconstruction was a success.