Removing grafts

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in some of my older posts, I had a crappy HT done at the Noble clinic a few year ago and have battled with my hair ever since. Trying to style it every day before work to try and hide my temples is something ive had to get used to, and i will admit ive had my depressed days about this...usually when its raining or windy or something and i have to put so much hairspray on its ridiculous!

My question is about having grafts removed and do people know what the costs of this is...especially compared with having another HT procedures to add more hair to the rubbish Noble did to me?

Ive had a couple of emails with a guy from Farjo clinic in the UK, and he agreed that possibly just having my grafts removed might be better. As i no longer have the shaved head option due to my scar - which i wish i could do sometimes - i thought removal would probably be better and just put up with receding temples...which has gotta be a million times better than what i have to do every day at the mo! Its hampering me so much that i can hardly go away, or share rooms with people coz of the time it takes me to do my hair...its embarrassing and restricts my life...which is peeving me off massively! :(

Anyone got any experiences or idea of costs of having this done. I also thought that removing the rubbish i had done, instead of wasting them, maybe they can just be placed a bit more densley, a bit further back and that would be a little better than me basically burning the money i invested last time! Just a thought! :)

Cheers for your views gents...

I can't really advise you of cost so if that's all that matters stop reading here. :)

You didn't mention what the problem is with the grafts. Are they just spaced too far apart making the area appear too thin in a way that looks unnatural or have they been poorly placed at the wrong angle?

The options:

Laser removal.

Removal via FUE for redistribution.

Some patients who received mis-angled grafts have a second procedure (done properly) to add density and the original grafts cease to be a problem when surrounded by other hair.

Seems like you just want to be done with it. If you wanted to have them extracted and re-planted then you have to consider whether the result would be worth it. It's possible that some wouldn't grow when moved for a second time and if there aren't many grafts to begin with then it might be best just to remove them. Cost of laser hair removal seems to vary depending on the location and size of area. Multiple procedures are often needed. It's best to call around your local clinics.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for the advice mate..

Im not really sure if the grafts are in the wrong direction etc...they obviously didnt put enough in, and so it looks very fake and pluggy at the temples. If it was more dense, then i think it might be fine, but not sure if i can afford another op, or put myself through all that again after what happened the 1st time. I also worry, like many, how much more hair i will lose and therefore if i get the temples filled in...might end up looking even worse in a few years! :(

Im not sure laser hair removal would be right though, coz i think you might risk having ur actual "original" hair removed by some inexperienced salon...heaven forbid! ;)

Just want to get something done now though, so i can go in the sea again or go for a walk in a hurricane, without freaking out! :)

lemonsours, you should google "Hair Loss Help Forums" and go to that website. Click on the section that says "Hair Transplant Repair."

Then, look for the thread about "Pitting removal with plug removal" by a poster with the username "Alexander Hartigan." In that thread you will see plenty of photos of a case of graft removal from the crown, with immediate post-op through several months post-op

A better thread for you would be the one called something like "My transplant reversal with BHR." In that thread a poster with the username "jonzi" shows a case that is more like yours, since jonzi had a bunch of pluggy-looking, scraggly-looking grafts in the temples, perhaps like you. He had them removed by Dr. Bisanga at BHR in Belgium. Within a few months, it looks like jonzi never had any work done. The redness from the extraction sites takes a while to fade, but it does fade.

Good luck with whatever you decide!