About killing the grafts with laser.

Here is the thing guys. I had a HT, it was not good for me, so i wanna know if i can use laser to kill the grafts and maybe do some peeling to cover the scars... Witch are not big ones.

Is this a possibility? I'm very hopeful and i'll go with the best dermatologist out here to see what i can do. Maybe only with plastic surgery??

I really don't want to go trough another HT cause it was very bad and my doctor was stupid cause he lowered my hairline without me asking for it, and i was kinda doped when he showed me so...

Focus on the picture plz! Thx guys!

PS: The Ht is Shaved, it's in the marked place.

And of course, looks much worse live.

0222u.th.jpg[/img]

laser isnt really acurate enough, takes many sessions and will also kill natural hairs that are near by.

You are much better off getting the hair surgically reomved via fue and put back into the scar/scars. I'm in the same situation although mine dont look too bad, just misangled. I'm getting mine fue'd out and put back into the scar then I'm having my hairline re-done.

I looked into laser a lot and it wont address any scars, just remove hairs, where as fue should address the scarring much better.

I looked into laser a lot and it wont address any scars, just remove hairs, where as fue should address the scarring much better.

But i'm not going to put more hairs on the place i took them off.

And punch out does leave scars doesn't it?

I disagree. With dark hair like yours and fairly light skin, hair removal lasers should do an excellent job in getting rid of hair wherever you have it, transplanted or not. It will take several sessions but it should work and work well.

It will not likely help any scarring, that needs either a different ablative laser, or surgery.

Frankly I couldn't tell what you are trying to accomplish from that picture, but if you want hair to go away, I have no reason to think that a laser can't significanly help you. Just see someone competent in your area.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Aska, have you inquired with anyone about removing your grafts via fue? How many grafts are you wanting to remove? Also please update us when you have costs narrowed down and which route you are going. Im sure there are quite a few guys that are curious just in case they need to go down this path.

Thanks

remember even with fue you can get hypopigmented scars. When you do a number so close together in the hairline, you risk visible scars. Laser hair removal can work. The closer you go to the existing hairline, there can be laser light scatter inthe dermis affecting the normal hairs. It is possible with it's risks and benefits. The picture I saw was not the most clear, but a personal consultation would certainly help dilineate things better. Fractiobnal co2 lasers like the deep FX have been used to minimize and treat different types of scars. Can't say I would recommend it without a clinical exam. Good luck. Keep us advised.

Ok! I will keep you guys updated on what i'll do.

Shamrock, i didn't consider FUE to remove because it'll do more scarring to the area, and i don't want it.

The scarring right now is not too bad, i can use it shaved with a little bit of hair in front and ppl can barely perceive it.

I had an experience with acid peeling on my face for pimples, and it was very positive. I don't see why i cannot use it on the scarring area as well.

I'm now booked to go to the doctor on september 15. But i may see some lase expert first.

Thanks everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news. I went to the Dermatologist today and she told me it's possible to do it. I went to the Laser room and the girl told me she is comfortable with this kind of hair removal, and she told me that she had several HT patients going there to remove the hairs from previous transplants, and it works great.

First Laser section done, looking good. Some crusts, but it's because i told her to use the max power, cause i want to do the less sections possible.

Here is a picture how it looks day 1, it should be fine by tommorow.

Any doubts, i'm here!

http://img243.imageshack.us/i/sdc10850r.jpg/

She thinks 3-4 sections should do the job.

It's really cheap i think, it's like 100 dollars per section with the light sheer laser.

But it's because i'm in Brazil... It coasts 230 reais.

1 dollar = 1.7 reais.