Scabs/Clumps 9 Days Post Op

I am now 9 days post op and still haven't returned to work because of the scabbing/clumping in the recipient area. I work in an office with clients and can't go back looking like this.

I applied vitamin E oil for the first 7 days which I understand prolongs the shedding of scabs, but I was told I'd be able to return to work within 5 days, and since I stopped using Vitamin E oil 2 days ago I haven't lost many scabs if any at all. I am in touch with the doctors office as well, but I wanted to reach out to the community for thoughts/advice as well. Is this strange, and is there something I can do to get rid of these clumps/scabs without potentially damaging the grafts? I pour a cup of water with baby shampoo over the recipient area twice a day, but maybe there's somethign else I can try.

Thanks!

Rhino,

Have you tried gently rubbing with your fingertips in a circular motion when showering?

You may find the following article helpful

Hair Transplant Crust/Scab Removal

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You can also dab conditioner on the crusts and let it soak 10 minutes. It helps a lot.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hi,

It is my understanding that at about 14 days after the operation you grafts are totally secure. Be very careful how vigorously you rub the grafts. I had my operation almost 6 months ago and it took about 4 weeks to look relatively normal.

It is better to go to work looking a bit unusual than to ruin your HT and get below standard results. I'm quite proud to have undergone my procedure and I didn't care if I had funny looks at work during the first couple of weeks. Did your clinic worn what would happen after the HT?

Kind Regards

Rod

Try laying in a bath with your recipient area in the water for about 20 min. Do this daily along with rubbing gently in a circular motion.

2,542 strip with Dr. Dorin on December 8, 2010.

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

Try laying in a bath with your recipient area in the water for about 20 min. Do this daily along with rubbing gently in a circular motion.

Dr. Gabel recommended this for me as well. I think it was about a week after surgery. It can be a bit of a challenge to sit there for so long but it worked for me.

Frank

3 HT’s with Dr. Steven Gabel

2004- 2,855 grafts

2007- 2,789 grafts

2010- 2,010 grafts

View my hair restoration site