Canada Hair Transplant DUI Entry

This is not a question I would like to ask, but I have too.

I got a DWAI about two years ago. (I blew a .62) Yes I learned a lesson. I am very lucky I did not hurt anyone.

I would like to go back to Canada for hair transplant #2

Since 9/11 Canada can let you in or they cannot for a DUI. I was wondering if anyone in a similar situation was able to get in.

Obviously I will have a doctors note, show that my plane leaves in two days, and I will not be driving anywhere. Plus spending 10K+ in the country might influence a border crossing guards way of thinking.

Just looking for thoughts... I could schedule it try, and then if the guards say NO i'm out a deposit + plane ride.

Or maybe I can talk to the doc, about the deposit. I don't know. Thats why I am asking.

I am sorry I have to pose such a question.

I'm afraid you probably won't find this all that helpful, but in my experience (which encompasses many trips between the U.S. and Canada) Canadian customs and immigrations procedures can vary widely from one port of entry/exit to another, and it's virtually impossible to get a definitive answer (or any answer at all) about them in advance. I'd say what you're planning to do (i.e., have a doctor's note, emphasize that it will be a short stay and you won't be driving but will be spending a considerable sum of money in Canada) is probably your best course.

Has the probationary period for your DWAI been completed?

(And if I ever go for an HT, I will most definitely be heading for Ottawa.)

Native,

Have you considering contacting the clinic and inquiring about the situation? You could be a bit vague (if necessary), but there is a chance they've dealt with issues like this in the past and could explain how to proceed or help find a solution to the problem.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.