Psychological aspects w/deciding on a HT

I'm sure this has been a common theme, but as a newbie I'm just curious what others have went through before actually deciding to undergo an HT. I'm been researching and going back and forth (I didn't seriously consider one until about six to eight months ago) and am thinking of doing a 900 - 1100 graft FUE on my hairline in the next four to five months.

Hey RockZ,

From a Psychological stand point deciding which clinic/physician to perform your surgery is an extremely daunting task. Consistent research can and will lead you down all sorts of random paths, anxiety is sure to accelerate when trying to process all of the information.

I am in a similar frame of mind to you seeking a comparable restoration of my hairline.

How long have you been researching? Have you had the chance to surf other forums (including International)?

I noticed from a search that you currently take Fin, have you placed further thought into Minox also? It definitely has its place during the hair loss battle.

I am interested to know which Doctors you have short listed for a potential FUE procedure.

I realise you created a previous thread surrounding this however my computer did not like me snooping on that one…possible Firefox issue. Maybe I should switch to Google Chrome instead of utilising the services of a company that references a burning animal.

Cheers,

Edited by MusoInOz
Firefox fell into the lake...

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

i am in the same boat as both of you...looking to restore my hairline in the temple region. see my online photos to see my excellent results with fin.

i have been looking at true, dorin, and feller for a small fue procedure...

but even 1000 grafts is $10k...wowsers. when you combined cost with the impact 1000 grafts makes (not much) it has me contemplating the procedure.

Shapiro Medical Group here in MN (local for me) charges $6 a graft for FUE (for now) so you'd save substantially on it. Admittedly, they have not been performing FUE as long as some other clinics and they only perform three to four a month of that type of procedure. From what I have seen of their results and given their excellent world renowned reputation I would seriously consider them. I'm trying to schedule something for the middle of May.

Hi Muso. I've been researching for about seven months or so. I've visited a number of clinics and am going with SMG as mentioned in my previous response here. Feller and a few others seem great but given the cost consideration and distance element I chose the SMG. Debating whether to take Minox before a transplant, although it seems beneficial to take it after (to help with growth and shock loss perhaps)...