Rogaine Foam before FUE?

RockZ

I've been on Propecia for a few years now and it's been working well. Now, my question is does it even make sense to get add Rogaine to my regimen if I'm considering getting FUE in the middle of May? I'm looking at about 900 - 1100 grafts for my hairline - an area which supposedly Rogaine doesn't really help with. I briefly used a generic version I tried overseas several months back and felt that it worked to small degree not on the temples per se but on the sides of the top center of my hairline.

Hello (again) RockZ,

I would personally advise that if you previously experienced no side effects during your several month period of usage with Minox to seriously consider re-embarking with it.

I have been an avid user of Minox for close to 9 years now, throughout my vertex, crown and hairline. I cannot say for certain that it has assisted in respects to retaining my hairline or if my progression has just been halted but I also cannot state that it hasn’t. Sense factor? Mmhmm.

Minox has been proven to assist with the growth period of follicles (on occasion re-growth), if your future plans are to ultimately go through with an FUE procedure it may be of benefit during the early re-growth stages (of course once the recipient area has settled).

The hardest claim to this would be that Minox brands do warn that the topical is not intended for the frontal zone and may prove no positive effect in the long term.

The decision is yours mate.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*