To taking the plunge!

Mr_Powers,

We provide our Hair Loss Q&A blog at www.regrowhair.com as a service to assist in the education of hair loss sufferers.

Our assistant publishers Dave and Blake regularly take questions posed on this forum and either answer them directly on the Q&A blog or garner professional input from our physicians and present their replies. I can assure you there is no harm or foul intended.

I admit that Dave probably should have asked to use your photos before presenting them on another website. However, our terms of service clearly state that any posts and photos uploaded to our community become our property. Please thoroughly read through our terms of service which you agreed to when you signed up.

As a courtesy however, I did remove your photos from the blog so there is no longer any link of your name or photos to this question/answer.

Frankly, you really should have contacted us privately instead of creating a topic about it. Since this topic serves no real purpose and it's already been addressed, I am locking it. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact me privately and I'll be happy to assist you promptly.

Best wishes,

Bill

P.S. I've also changed the name of thsi topic to "To TakingthePlunge" since your original was blatantly insulting and in violation of our terms of service which clearly states that personal insults are not tolerated on this forum.

Although this discussion has been locked, I asked Bill if I could post a reply as I had not yet had the opportunity to do so. I became aware of this issue only this afternoon.

First and foremost, I want to apologize for inciting Mr. Powers to such anger. I’m sure I don’t have to remind anyone here that I’ve tried to do nothing but share my own experiences and insight into hair restoration and its related concerns since long before I became an employee of HTN. I have no secret agenda, I’m not selling anything and I sure don’t earn commission if someone gets a hair transplant.

In retrospect, I agree that it would have been prudent to ask for permission to use those photos despite our Terms of Service pointed out by Bill. However, not doing so was not an act of malice on my part. It simply did not occur to me that anyone posting anonymous photos on a public forum would object to that same forum republishing them for non-commercial use in order to provide information to other hair loss sufferers. I’m in no way trying to invalidate his point of view I’m simply clarifying my actions. He was not identified either by name or photographically so it simply did not occur to me to be an issue. Again, I apologize for the oversight.

As Bill also pointed out, it is common practice for us to take issues, questions, concerns or simply educational threads and turn them into blog articles. At times, it is possible to take the question and response word for word while other times, it is necessary to revise, edit or modify them to make them more concise, more searchable or to correct spelling, grammar, etc. This particular article was built around a thoughtful and informed response by the physician. The question was created to fit the response and not attributed specifically to Mr. Prowers’s case. The result is an informative Q&A that may benefit other readers. I do not believe it to be misleading nor does it “sell” anything.

The topics that we deal with here often carry with them a high degree of emotion. From time to time it can get the best of us, I understand that. However, polite discourse is normally all it takes to clarify a misunderstanding and rectify a transgression. If, in the future, I should inadvertently do or say something that someone should find inappropriate, I would hope that they would contact me directly and bring it to my attention so that I can take the necessary corrective action.

Mr. Powers, again, I’m sorry to have done anything to have caused you insult. If you have any further complaints, questions or comments, please direct them to me privately.

Thanks!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website