Is it safe to wash my hair?

I had my hair transplant about ten days ago I still have lots of scabs left. I wanted to know is it safe for me to start scrubbing them off?

also does taking a shower 4 times a day damage hair cells?

reen3,

It is always best to follow your hair transplant physician's post-operative care instructions. However, you can always follow the general guidelines detailed in the following article on our Hair Loss Q&A Blog How Should I Wash My Hair After a Hair Transplant?

At 10 days post-op it is fine to begin gently rubbing off the scabs using your fingertips in a circular motion. It's best to do this in the shower.

You may also find this information helpful, Does Daily Washing Increase Hair Loss?

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Applying a little Vitamin E or baby oil to the scabs for 5-10 minutes before shampooing will help loosen the scabs and most will slide off in shower. This can be done 10 days post-op. Washing the hair four times a day sounds a bit excessive. Remember moderation is the key.

Taking 4 showers a day will sure dry your hair/skin out. Skin heals better when it is moisturized.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D