Anridandruff shampoo after hair transplant surgery

Walid,

At 20 days after the procedure, the grafts are securely rooted and you probably wouldn't risk much by utilizing an anti-dandruff shampoo. However, because of the sensitivity of your scalp and other post-operative concerns, I would contact the clinic that performed the operation and ask for their specific post-op instructions. This way, you're following exactly what the clinic says and you're not taking any unnecessary risks.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

It is perfectly fine to use anti dandruff shampoo, your grafts are set and they do not pose any threat to their health. Selsun Blue, T-Gel or Head and Shoulders are good brands I would recommend for dandruff.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians