Pimples in the transplanted area

Hey guys

im about 6 weeks post up and i have pimples in the transplanted area. I think its due to the hat that iv been wearing which isnt very clean. the pimples are sore some are under the skin type of pimples the others are white head type of pimples but theres diff more then 10-12 spread out over the entire area. its not terrible but im thinking the poures are getting plugged from the dirt from the hat and im gonna stop wearing the hat.

Question is what better hygiene product can i use on it to really keep the area clean? should i use a special kind of soap? shampoo? im gonna wash the area 1-2 twice a day with soap and shampoo to make sure its nice and clean and then use a hot compress to draw out the pimples.

any other suggestions are welcome. will these pimples damage my transplanted hair follicules?

These pimples are pretty normal after surgery so sont worry.If concerned please send your doctor your pictures so that he can have a look at them and advice.Pimlpes are the first sihn of growth after ht buddy :)0!!

You should definitely call your ht clinic to get their protocol for treating the folliculitis. Send pictures if you're unable to be seen in person. Also have your pharmacy phone number handy in case they want to call in antibiotics. Some patients do get the pimples so it's nothing to be alarmed about, however, it's important to notify your clinic and get treated properly. Good idea not wearing your old hat. You may want to buy a new one if you still need to wear a hat.

Kathie

from my understanding its actaully good news! it means theres activity under the skin and new hair is trying come thru. with my case i diffenetly have more then a "few" and i was worried with wearing an old hat i might have given my self folliitieses or whatever its called.

generally speaking however , pimples in the transplanted area is a good sign!