Before and after one procedure totaling 1818 grafts by Dr Wiliam Rassman of NHI.

This patient came to us with a very unusual balding pattern. Sometimes men will bald from the front to the back, but they will have what's called a "persistent forelock", which is just a patch of hair that remains at the front center of their hairline after the rest of the scalp has continued to recede. Usually it's just a small circular patch of hair up front. This patient on the other hand had a forelock that went all the way back, as though he had a mohawk and shaved the sides of his head. Again, a strange look to have for sure.

For his procedure, we transplanted 1818 grafts in a single session and his hair is much more normal looking now. He is signed up for another procedure to fill in the area even more, so that hairline will be even lower in the future. But already the difference between his before and after is quite drastic, and I think it's because of the strange nature of his hair loss, and of course having a talented and very experienced surgeon who is able to work with the patient to accomplish their goals.

nia_b01_lg.jpgnia_a01_lg.jpg

nia_b02_lg.jpgnia_a02_lg.jpg

nia_b03_lg.jpgnia_a03_lg.jpg

Here's a photo from the surgery that really shows how long and out of the ordinary his forelock was.

nia_a04_lg.jpg

I did,t really think it is that uncommon....he just looks like a really far receeder to me. Secondly, I think that the pics are not a very good representation of the work done. If there had not been an immediate post op pic I would not have known there there was any work done at all, because he kinda has the forward comb over look going.

I know that Dr. R is a very respected surgeon. I am not saying that work is poor, but I cannot acually see the final result because of the hair style that he is using.

More transparent photos means more credibility.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Haircut, this is suppose to be the grown in result....from what I can tell. That again illustrates my point on the pics.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.