1 yr fin results...figure i would share

moses0324

i continue to shave and will continue too until i decide to have a HT for my temple area...my hairline bothers me the most. even if im a little thinner in the crown area i can always use a concealer however the hairline cannot be helped. which is a major bummer.

i continue to shave and will continue too until i decide to have a HT for my temple area...my hairline bothers me the most. even if im a little thinner in the crown area i can always use a concealer however the hairline cannot be helped. which is a major bummer.

Well good luck to you. You have a great response to finisteride and it shows. When you are ready for a HT and get that temple area worked on, its definitely going to be an outstanding result grown out. I hope I have a similar response to finisteride. So far, 30 days have passed, I am noticing somewhat of a shed that is freaking me out a little. Don't know how long it will last and I hope it is for the better. It's just a little disturbing at the moment. I am definitely hoping the result can be seen in a few months, similar to yours. congrats on regrowth and finisteride success. I'll post photos/updates every 3 months on my hair loss web site, so everyone can see if it does its magic. This will probably help people if they are contemplating using finisteride or not. It will also help me get user feedback on the results, what they think, and if I should continue it.

Well good luck to you. You have a great response to finisteride and it shows. When you are ready for a HT and get that temple area worked on, its definitely going to be an outstanding result grown out. I hope I have a similar response to finisteride. So far, 30 days have passed, I am noticing somewhat of a shed that is freaking me out a little. Don't know how long it will last and I hope it is for the better. It's just a little disturbing at the moment. I am definitely hoping the result can be seen in a few months, similar to yours. congrats on regrowth and finisteride success. I'll post photos/updates every 3 months on my hair loss web site, so everyone can see if it does its magic. This will probably help people if they are contemplating using finisteride or not. It will also help me get user feedback on the results, what they think, and if I should continue it.

excellent post...dont rush anything. see how you respond to the drug, then decide your next move.

personally im just a little hesitant because i know the lasting effect of the drug is temporary. ultimatly if i stopped using it or i grow immune i am in a bad position. i want to be 100% that I will not lose anymore hair. the worst thing that can happen is that a surgery is performed leaving you scarred and the drug stops working. then what?!?!? as some have already stated on this site. finasteride creates deception as to how badly a person will bald. this makes it difficult to decide when a HT is appropriate. i can look good for 5 years then start shedding like crazy in the midscalp and crown area. i cant shave because im scarred...so now what?

no one knows what the future holds for hairloss from a surgical, genetic, and medical perspective. part of the reason why hairloss sucks. its so damn unpredictable.

even with all of this said, i have a postive perspective on hairloss and it doesnt bother me as much as it used too. being happy is the ultimate goal. good luck hope everything works out!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Holy macaroni!!!11@ :o

That's quite an impressive regain, you should be thrilled dude!

Being that your the same age as I & we have roughly the same hairline (although your in the "after" phase whereas i'm simply beginning my teatment) you're my new inspiration. If I could mantain my hair as decent as you seem to be doing then i'll be stoked and die a happy man.

To be honest I was unsure about using finasteride because of the quote/unquote "horror stories" i've heard from mysterious, unnamed sources. I would rather be as bald as an egg rather then see my little guy limp and lifeless but your story has convinced me to take the plunge. I'll make an apointment with a doctor next week. I do have a feq questions though. It would be awesome if you could answer 'em.

Did you have any difficultes obtaining the prescription from your dermatologist and why did you decide to use Minoxidil instead of Rogaine? Also do you use any hair conditioner to go alongside teh Nizoral Shampoo? Cheers, and personally - I think you look ace with your current, buzzed look. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't even consider a HT, but that's just my opinon. Good luck with the future, man. :)

Oh, and how often do you buzz your hair? Once a week, fortnight etc...?

Edited by EnergizerTurkey

Holy macaroni!!!11@ :o

That's quite an impressive regain, you should be thrilled dude!

Being that your the same age as I & we have roughly the same hairline (although your in the "after" phase whereas i'm simply beginning my teatment) you're my new inspiration. If I could mantain my hair as decent as you seem to be doing then i'll be stoked and die a happy man.

To be honest I was unsure about using finasteride because of the quote/unquote "horror stories" i've heard from mysterious, unnamed sources. I would rather be as bald as an egg rather then see my little guy limp and lifeless but your story has convinced me to take the plunge. I'll make an apointment with a doctor next week. I do have a feq questions though. It would be awesome if you could answer 'em.

Did you have any difficultes obtaining the prescription from your dermatologist and why did you decide to use Minoxidil instead of Rogaine? Also do you use any hair conditioner to go alongside teh Nizoral Shampoo? Cheers, and personally - I think you look ace with your current, buzzed look. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't even consider a HT, but that's just my opinon. Good luck with the future, man. :)

Oh, and how often do you buzz your hair? Once a week, fortnight etc...?

thanks for the kind words...i am glad this thread is serving as inspiration for you and others fighting hairloss. the drugs really do work!!! my advice is to at least try finasteride. if you expereince side effects then stop the treatment altogether or reduce the dosage. you wont know until you try!!!

ok so i will address your questions...

1. you shouldnt have any problems getting a prescription from a dermy. i received mine through a hair restoration surgeon.

2. I used generic rogaine called minoxidil for about 2-4 months. minoxidil is the active ingredient in rogaine. multiple manufacturers produce the product. it was such a pain though. it is very noticeable when applied and it dries with a white chaulky residue. thats why i gave it up. didnt fit my lifestyle.

3. on the days that i dont use nizoral, i use head and shoulders.

4. i actually shave my head every morning with a blade. i like it better than a buzz. it just looks cleaner. personal preference of course.

let me know if you have any other questions.

Tnx, bud.

The main problem I have with finasteride are the sexual sides, obviously. In any other situation I would take the risk, no questions asked. If the effects were too awful I would (like you said) lower the dosage or stop altogether. Piece of cake...

However.

I've been reading up quite a bit on this subject (don't worry, I mainly stayed clear of that "horror show" forum, haha) and quite a lot of guys are still suffering from the effects years after they've stopped using the drug. I guess I won't know until I take the plunge, eh!

You haven't had any traces of memory loss or constant headaches or anything like that in the last year, have you?

Cheers, again.

Tnx, bud.

The main problem I have with finasteride are the sexual sides, obviously. In any other situation I would take the risk, no questions asked. If the effects were too awful I would (like you said) lower the dosage or stop altogether. Piece of cake...

However.

I've been reading up quite a bit on this subject (don't worry, I mainly stayed clear of that "horror show" forum, haha) and quite a lot of guys are still suffering from the effects years after they've stopped using the drug. I guess I won't know until I take the plunge, eh!

You haven't had any traces of memory loss or constant headaches or anything like that in the last year, have you?

Cheers, again.

I have had no memory loss

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Moses0324

Hi Buddy . first off congrats on the success.. my hairloss is siimilar to yours , balding/thinning on the vertex and frontal (centre) but still hair follicils present, but weak! i'm hoping if i get on Fin i will have good results like yourself..

Could you answer these questions for me please pal..

1. Did you use anything else? is this Fin only . ( you mentioned minoxidil but stopped? did you continue to get growth like that after you dropped minoxidil)

2. any side effects for yourself personally?

and lastly what Mg Were you on per day ? or were you everyother day?

best regards

Scott.