Is Dr. Pathomvanich using lateral slit exclusively?

HARIRI

Hi again, Upon so much research, I decided already to choose Dr. Pathomvanich for a HT especially after i heard he was recommended by Dr. Wong in the net.

However, What slit technique does Dr. Path uses? Is it Lateral slit too exclusively just like H&W, cause that technique is what im looking for...

Cause if really using it then its very impressive cause he is not requiring to shave the area to be transplanted though he uses lateral slit....

Please share ur knowledge, im really excited so far.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi there,YES Dr.Path does use lateral slit exclusively,but you may have an area where there is hair and he has to make a coronal slit to stop hitting exsisting hair thats already there.

DONT WORRY,Dr.PATH has 20 years experience doing h/t and his incisions are small and same method used as Dr.Wong plus his open harvest technique will get max amount of donor without damaging any hair.

Hope this helps you decide

Thx buddy for the contribution, however if im feeling low cause i thought so many members will contribute in answering my question. please anyone sharing would be appreciated, I would really love to hear more for Dr Path patients who are educated enough with the slit technique.:)

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Please,dont get too hung up on lateral slit technique.

Like i said before,if its a new area with no hair present and your donor gives a lot of 3 or 4 hair graphs then lateral slit will help the coverage.

It just depends on the area where its easier to make the slit lateral or not without damaging existing hair.

You will get mostly if not all lateral slit with Dr.Path but even if he doesnt you wont ever know cause you cant see it.

i hope i have helped you and AGAIN,

my views are my own,i dont work for Dr.Path,i am just happy with my results from him.

A lot of people dont like posting results and are shy but what i will say is that

Dr.Path won the GOLDEN FOLLICLE AWARD 2010,from patients praising him.

good luck,post me your results please.

Hi there hariri, sorry mate will post some photos soon as i am still outstation so its kinda hard to upload anything. Anyway, lateral slit or not, i think Dr Pat requires shaving. I mean, maybe u can talk your way out of it but i remembered very clearly that he requires shaving so the techs etc can see more clearly and like i said in other posts, i am not gonna say no to the doc holding on to the knife :)

However, its your call. Remember, do what u NEED, not what u WANT!!! Everyone wants results but nobody wants to sacrifice :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Hi,

I had my HT with DHT Clinic in August 2010. Not sure what technique is used but I did have my recipient area shaved which was almost my entire scalp. I looked like 'Friar Tuck' (a show from UK Robin Hood) for a couple of months but everything is okay now and I'm starting to have some good results (post 4.5 months).

Doctor Pathomvanich is recommend her on the forum and has affordable prices.

I wish you luck in your endeavour.

Regards

Rod

In my case, I had made it clear during my consultation and all subsequent correspondence that I would prefer not to be shaved. However, on the day of the surgery, we agreed on a compromise that they would only shave the baby hairs at the front as these were not likely to survive much longer in any case.

I'm 25 days on from my surgery now so I guess I'll find out over the next couple of weeks just how much, if any, of my native hair will be lost. If you're interested, you can keep an eye on my website for more updates.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked him and proudly he said YES, Lateral slit technique as he is very close to the creator the great Dr. Wong. He also uses laser devices for creating even hairlines. Glad to hear that.

My Hair Treatments:

I have been more oriented toward the lateral slit technique due to its outstanding results when done properly. Saggital slits have their place as well and can be used in conjuction with lateral slit methods.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

Of course there is.. I never underestimate the sagittal technique, Its just that the lateral slit technique invinted by Dr Wong wows the whole industry. Its gives full effect with same number of grafts. Which leads you to more hairstyles and less money to spend on concealers such as toppik or nanogen. Cause the way how the lay the FU can cover 2 to 3 hairs of sagittal slit, more coverage plus it never damage the existing hair In condition that you shave the receipent area. Cause after all, people will not come along with microscope to see your scalp and analyze, they will just look at you from a distance with a quick glance. I hope i got you the message buddy...check out www.hairtransplantmentor.com for more details.

My Hair Treatments: