Seeking frank advice on getting started.

Hi guys,

Well, this wasn't in the script, I'm losing my hair!

It's got to the point where I'm taking some action, and writing to you guys is my start. Ive had a really healthy head of hair throughout my 20's, but I have noticed (and others) that over the last year (im 31 years old now) my hairline is receding and im also getting thinner and developing a small bald patch on my crown. Its happening fast.

Even with applying some overall perspective on the situation, I still am embarrassed and very self conscious of my hair loss, as im sure everyone else who has the same problem experiences.

Anyway, over the last few weeks I have been scaning the web for non-surgical soloutions. There seems to be a couple of common products coming up. Propecia, Proscar, Provillius These three names seem to have the biggest folowing. Before buying one of these products, I would really appreciate some advice from you guys on which direction I should take. I know that success rates are low and that things take time. But am really ready for action.

Thanks,

Mox.

The success rate of Propecia (and proscar which is the same medication just 5 milligrams as opposed to 1 milligram which propecia is) are very high. 9 out 10 men using the product should at the very least see a stabilization in their hair loss within 6-9 months and hair regrowth can occur around one year, but the regrowth is not as common as the stabilization. Consult with your dermatologist about propecia and you can also use rogaine foam along with it to increase your chances of regrowth.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians