Propecia, dosage and price

Abby

Hi guys , can anyone tell me if it is true that sometimes propecia tabs need to be split into 4 peices in order to to reduce the dosage intake???

Secondly there are so many web-sites selling Propecia in the UK and therefore I am not sure who to purchase the meds from ????? some talk of cheaper prices and cheaper form of drug its confusing.:confused:

Finally do most guys suffer from accelerated hairloss (the great shed) that people talk about or is it only for the few and how long before one notices or sees any real difference.:rolleyes:

Any advice from the members on this forum would be much apprecaited.:D

I believe you are referring to proscar when you speak of splitting the pill into 4 because that medication is 5 milligrams as opposed to 1 milligram of propecia. They are the same medication, but one is a higher dosage, so you have to cut it into quarters. It is common to see increased shedding with the medication in the first 3-4 months, but this is temporary that hair will return and you will see better results around 6 months and hair can regrow around one year, but that is less common. This medication should at least stabilize your hair loss in the long run. I am not familiar with the websites in the UK but I would try and buy it from your local pharmacy that way you know what you are getting.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians